Old 22-10-2011, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default White Chicken

White chicken, who has been limping for months, and was looking very much
like a spent chicken for a few months ... has made a remarkable recovery,
is back to laying almost every day, and has stopped limping. In fact, she's
back to completely ruling the roost, I've spotted her climbing on the back
of most of the others already this week.

Old 22-10-2011, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--

Quite remarkable how they recover. When I had chickens I had one being
pecked on the back of the neck. White chicken, (Thornber's 606) and of

Mike

Old 22-10-2011, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

wrote in message
White chicken, who has been limping for months, and was looking very much
like a spent chicken for a few months ... has made a remarkable recovery,
is back to laying almost every day, and has stopped limping. In fact,
she's
back to completely ruling the roost, I've spotted her climbing on the
back
of most of the others already this week.

--

Quite remarkable how they recover. When I had chickens I had one being
pecked on the back of the neck. White chicken, (Thornber's 606) and of
course the blood showed and the rest had a go. Brought said chicken home,
put her in a 'crate', ample food, water and light and not long before she
was laying again and healed up.

I would add that we had Thornber's 404's, a big brown bird which laid brown
eggs, because my customers wanted brown eggs because they have more taste
;-((

Mike