Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Huge water storage vessel of use to anyone here ?

This was posted to another ng a few days ago.
One response to that was there may be some interest on URG.
I have lurked here for years and made a few posts over that time.
So here I am, again.

"As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu
of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss.
Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of
service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes.
Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two
loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

Nick."

That's it and pretty much all about it.
The vessel is cylindrical and horizontal, not vertical.
Photos available, but please respond through ng.

Thanks,
Nick.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/11/2011 19:40, Nick wrote:
This was posted to another ng a few days ago.
One response to that was there may be some interest on URG.
I have lurked here for years and made a few posts over that time.
So here I am, again.

"As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu
of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss.
Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of
service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes.
Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two
loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

I think your best bet is a local garden centre/nursery of the sort that
actually grows plants (as opposed to reselling imported Dutch stuff).

It would help to know approximately where the thing was. I have no use
for such a huge tank but others might if the price was right. Delivery
charges would mount at any significant distance.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

Nick."

That's it and pretty much all about it.
The vessel is cylindrical and horizontal, not vertical.
Photos available, but please respond through ng.

Bigger than any of our neighbouring nurseries could use, but a large
scale array of greenhouses down south might be able to use it. Metered
water is a strong incentive to capture all available roof runoff.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 05-11-2011, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 19:40:14 -0000, "Nick"
wrote:

This was posted to another ng a few days ago.
One response to that was there may be some interest on URG.
I have lurked here for years and made a few posts over that time.
So here I am, again.

I'll have it if you can deliver it and don't want any money for it.
Too cheeky?

How much would you want?

http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 05-11-2011, 08:41 PM