Old 05-11-2011, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Charlie's clematis

Charlie the RHS featured a Clematis on your article, called i think
Chacewater? Single Pink/white.
What's it like to grow and do you sell them?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 06-11-2011, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Charlie the RHS featured a Clematis on your article, called i think
Chacewater? Single Pink/white.
What's it like to grow and do you sell them?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

What article? !
Its a slow starter so we try and keep them an extra year but after that year
of catch up grows well in poor conditions (its why we chose it from the
batch) it also seems very resistant to mildew.
and yes we sell it, but take this to email if interested.

I am very fond of this one but I have been taking part in the current trials
at Wisley and the poor thing there has been eaten by rabbits, blown off its
supports, and is currently about half the size of some of the other plants!
and its one of our others that has stolen the show 'Poldice' But Chacewater
takes a good picture, Poldice is very hard to capture the colour

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 06-11-2011, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes
What article? !
Its a slow starter so we try and keep them an extra year but after that
year of catch up grows well in poor conditions (its why we chose it
from the batch) it also seems very resistant to mildew.
and yes we sell it, but take this to email if interested.

I am very fond of this one but I have been taking part in the current
trials at Wisley and the poor thing there has been eaten by rabbits,
blown off its supports, and is currently about half the size of some of
the other plants! and its one of our others that has stolen the show
'Poldice' But Chacewater takes a good picture, Poldice is very hard to
capture the colour

Ah well she had a copy of The Garden and waved this picture and article
under my nose and asked if I would find out more. It has your address
underneath.

Will take to email if she wants to order.

Janet