Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-11-2011, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse Chillies

All:

The chilli plants were dying back with mildew at some of their
extremities.

Even so a couple were still in flower. A couple of fruits had been
attacked from the top and were being internally devoured by some sort
of creature. The greens are unlikely to ripen to red now.

SO I strippped the crop of the remaining fruits and turfed the plants
out. I can now weed (or weedkill) the soil in my my greenhouse.

I am planning Nagas and Okra next year, starting off early in a heated
propagator in my conservatory, then out to the greenhouse.

In open soil, the Laurtrec Wight garlics have been showing, as have
been the Senshu Yellow Onions. The latter being outside 'the cage'
have variously been knocked over by the foxes. Illegitimi.

We had one meal off the surviving French Beans. Must plant earlier
next year. Probably inside the cage.

Regards
JonH

Butternut Squashes are off the planting menu for next year. They take
up far too much space... and they are not to my taste.

Chillies Not Flowering Sarah Dale United Kingdom 3 16-08-2003 12:33 AM
Chillies Kieron United Kingdom 7 27-07-2003 07:03 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors sprocket United Kingdom 25 19-04-2003 05:44 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Edible Gardening 3 24-02-2003 10:18 AM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Gardening 2 24-02-2003 10:17 AM