Old 05-12-2011, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default today a bee!

A few years back I organized the reunion for the H.M.S.Solebay Association.
It is tradition at the Commissioning of a Royal Navy warship to have a cake.
I organized one for the "Launch" of their model

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-Y3BNSRG...-of-Other.html

Tesco's with edible ink on very thin rice paper.

Went down a treat and much appreciated :-))

Mike

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On Dec 5, 5:34 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes

Another way to feed in the winter months it to use baker's fondant (the
soft icing on cakes) as this won't ferment and the bees can eat it
straight away."

Oh that's good, I've just bought a canon printer that uses edible inks
and have been playing at printing photographs onto icing sheets, both
large cake sizes and cupcake ones and have done about 6 cakes so far and
also got a fair bit of spare fondant icing left from doing the sides to
match the top!

Send me a photo Sacha and I'll print you one to put on ray's Christmas
cake.
Do you know (off topic admittedly) no one has yet been happy at eating
the actual bit with a face on it? Well apart from my friend's husband
who would rather eat the photograph with his wife's or his face than
desecrate the Chelsea football club logo on the very top

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy

Amazing what you learn from this group, never heard of edible ink and
water paper,
I thought that trying to put a cake through the printer would muck up
both the cake and the printer
But it could make food for the Xmas bumble bee.
David

Old 05-12-2011, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
, Dave
Hill writes
I thought that trying to put a cake through the printer would muck up
both the cake and the printer
But it could make food for the Xmas bumble bee.
David

Ha! Fat lot you men know. Icing comes thinly laid onto a backing sheet
which goes through the back feeder of the printer and comes out front.
No going over rollers, so ink is sprayed onto icing. Works really well

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 07-12-2011, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 22:50:44 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article
, Dave
Hill writes
I thought that trying to put a cake through the printer would muck up
both the cake and the printer
But it could make food for the Xmas bumble bee.
David

Ha! Fat lot you men know. Icing comes thinly laid onto a backing sheet
which goes through the back feeder of the printer and comes out front.
No going over rollers, so ink is sprayed onto icing. Works really well

What printer is it?

Love the idea of printing pics for cakes!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 08-12-2011, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , mogga
writes
What printer is it?

Love the idea of printing pics for cakes!

Juts a little canon ip3600 The icing sheets you buy aren't too expensive
but the edible ink set is quite pricey!!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote:
I've actually got a bumble bee flying round the patio looking for he's
alighted on the hanging baskets I've just made up for people (about 6)
but doesn't seem to be interested in any of those plants. i feel guilty
I can't supply him with anything better!

I've got a rather sleepy hornet buzzing around the light in my study
at the moment, I've no idea what woke him/her up.

--
Chris Green

Old 08-12-2011, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/12/2011 17:29, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Spider
writes
Can you rig up a hanging dish near your hanging baskets, where you
know they already investigate?
--

They aren't actually my hanging baskets spider i seem to have had lots
of people wanting to make one for them this year so they are all

Sounds very pretty. You have been industrious. I'm sure the local bees
and insects will find them wherever they eventually hang. Do make time
for your own, though!

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 09-12-2011, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Spider
writes
Sounds very pretty. You have been industrious. I'm sure the local
bees and insects will find them wherever they eventually hang. Do make
time for your own, though!

Ha! Mine dead summer basket is hanging outside on the garage wall. Will
probably get round to replanting that sometime ...............

Dug out someone's pampas Grass on Wednesday they didn't want it but
someone i knew did. So went to Reading and spent two and a half hours
getting hands cut to ribbons and then got poked in the eye by a cut
stem. Ended up spending the evening in A & E at Stoke Mandeville as i
scratched my eyeball Not serious but a jolly exciting birthday

Now to find about 20 people who want a bit of this pampas grass now
packed into the back of my car!!