Old 16-12-2011, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default OT Titanic Memorial Cruise

Titanic enthusiasts, historians and people with a close connection to
the modern world's most famous shipping disaster will have a chance to
mark its 100th anniversary with a Titanic commemorative cruise
scheduled for April 2012.
Highlight of the cruise, aboard the Balmoral Cruise Liner, will be a
memorial service above the spot in the North Atlantic where the
Titanic went down, between 11:30 p.m. April 14 and 2:20 a.m. April 15,
exactly 100 years to the minute after the event.
After the memorial, the ship, carrying 1,039 passengers - exactly the
same number as carried by the Titanic - will stop in Halifax, Nova
Scotia to visit the cemeteries where Titanic victims are buried. It
will then continue on to New York, the Titanic's ultimate destination.
More information, including how to book, can be found on the Titanic
Memorial Cruise official website. http://www.titanicmemorialcruise.co.uk/

I hope it's not a one wat trip.
David

Old 17-12-2011, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Dec 17, 10:02*am, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 14:29:16 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill

wrote:
[...]

One wat(t) isn't very bright :-)

David

--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

OK OK
It should have read One Way
Old 17-12-2011, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

I guessed :-)

This cruise caused quite a stir in the cruising forums I subscribe to with
all sorts of comments such as 'Let's hope they miss the Iceberg this time'
and the alternative view, 'What if there is no Iceberg to hit?'

I believe it sold out quite quickly

Mike

Old 17-12-2011, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
One wat(t) isn't very bright :-)

Neither is replicating the trip in my book!! Pushing one's luck is what
is what i would view it as Unless I travelled under a survivor's name.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 19-12-2011, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , 'Mike'
writes

quite a stir in the cruising forums I subscribe to

[shudders violently...]

--
regards andyw

Old 19-12-2011, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"news" wrote in message
In article , 'Mike'
writes

quite a stir in the cruising forums I subscribe to

[shudders violently...]

--
regards andyw

Yes I expect the Titanic did shudder ;-) , but don't put it down to the old
ships only, I took all of my family on the Cunard's Queen Victoria when she
was new :-(( Dreadful ship for sea keeping

:-((http://www.myalbum.com/Album=UI8UK7XD

Kindest regards

Mike