Old 21-01-2012, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default What varieties of veg do farmers grow

On Jan 21, 9:56*pm, Janet wrote:
In article , ZeroZero.990d817
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

[I did not post to get into a debate about these things I just wanted to
know the varities. Of course htere are variables in this

* Well, this is a discussion group anyone can contribute to and you have
no control over what other people say.

*The other option is finding out answers for yourself.

* * Janet.

I'm sorry, but if you don't like the way things are in this
group .................
Old 22-01-2012, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

ZeroZero wrote in
:

[I did not post to get into a debate about these things I just wanted to
know the varities. Of course htere are variables in this

There are other newsgroups for you, but not this one.

Baz
Old 22-01-2012, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 23:00:01 +0000, kay wrote:

Try googling commercial vegetable seed variety

Or read the label in the supermarket. Packaged stuff has the variety
and grower code. Fairly sure the shelf edge ticket for loose stuff
has at least the variety.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 26-01-2012, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"NT" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
Or you could keep a couple of sprouts and root them, grow them on and
let them flower and then collect the seed.

On Jan 21, 9:29 am, ZeroZero
wrote:
thank you exactly what I need

I wuold have thought farmers mostly grow F1 types.

NT

I was speaking to a pal about the size of swedes in the greengrocers -
supplied by farmers. He mentioned that farmes used "field swedes".. Are
there such varieties?

Bill