Old 21-01-2012, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Biofumigation and Green Manure

Browsing brought this up, a new idea to me, (that is Biofumigation)
sounds interesting.
For more information read
http://www.plantsolutionsltd.com/caliente.htm
David @ the wet end of Swansea bay.
Old 21-01-2012, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote

Browsing brought this up, a new idea to me, (that is Biofumigation)
sounds interesting.
For more information read
http://www.plantsolutionsltd.com/caliente.htm

One of our allotment holders, he has 6, is growing that on one whole plot
and half of another this winter. He did say it is supposed to have anti pest
and disease properties.
I'll have to ask him where he got the seed from.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 22-01-2012, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Jan 21, 10:54*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Dave Hill" *wrote

Browsing brought this up, a new idea to me, (that is Biofumigation)
sounds interesting.
For more information read
http://www.plantsolutionsltd.com/caliente.htm

One of our allotment holders, he has 6, is growing that on one whole plot
and half of another this winter. He did say it is supposed to have anti pest
and disease properties.
I'll have to ask him where he got the seed from.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Several of the commercial seed companies including Tozers
http://www.tozerseeds.com/biofumigation/
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay
Old 22-01-2012, 10:02 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
Browsing brought this up, a new idea to me, (that is Biofumigation)
sounds interesting.
For more information read
Plant Solutions Limited - Biofumigation and Green Manure - Caliente Mustard
David @ the wet end of Swansea bay.
It'd be nice to have more info on it that didn't come from the firm that was going to flog it.

I note the plant needs to be finely macerated. They say the chemical is in all the cabbage family but has been bred out of cabbages etc - I was wondering about cabbage whites!
__________________
Old 22-01-2012, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Dave Hill" wrote

Browsing brought this up, a new idea to me, (that is Biofumigation)
sounds interesting.
For more information read
http://www.plantsolutionsltd.com/caliente.htm

One of our allotment holders, he has 6, is growing that on one whole plot
and half of another this winter. He did say it is supposed to have anti
pest
and disease properties.
I'll have to ask him where he got the seed from.

Several of the commercial seed companies including Tozers
http://www.tozerseeds.com/biofumigation/

Thanks.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Leafmould and green manure [email protected] United Kingdom 7 30-11-2006 10:53 PM
Subject: Pigeon Manure, Chicken Manure JacKUzi Gardening 0 11-08-2004 02:28 AM
bananna skins as green, or yellow, manure Lazarus Cooke United Kingdom 2 20-05-2004 08:08 AM
green manure? PA United Kingdom 3 19-10-2003 10:12 PM
PHACELIA TANACETIFOLIA as a green manure al Gardening 2 25-08-2003 12:22 AM