Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-01-2012, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Indoor plant pest

I trimmed back a miniature rose in a pot yesterday, and noticed it had tiny
little creepy things, about 0.5mm long, and webbing. Are they spider mites?
They're very pale/white, I thought spider mite were red.

I've seen them before and thrown the plants if I can't wash them off
successfuly, but this time they're worryingly close to the blueberries that
haven't been put out yet. I'm hoping I got rid of all the 'infected' bit
cos I pruned the roses right back (not sure if you're meant to do that with
minis, but they weren't looking happy at the time and were showing sign of
new buds, so it seemed appropriate. For 20p I'm prepared to throw them!)

I'm thinking maybe keeping plants on that window (which is very sunny)
misted may be an idea at reducing the problem.

Any thoughts?