Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2012, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment security

Last night we had kids on the allotment again. A neighbour alerted a
couple of us and the shed owner legged it down to arrive just before
the police.

They'd tried kicking the shed door in and have thrown some stuff
about. Last time they'd thrown some spades around but we found them
all after a couple of days or looking around the edges of the site.

What suggestions for security? Exterior fences aren't high enough for
razor wire ... so I suspect we need some really prickly plants
instead...

The speed at which neighbours spotted the kids probably saved any
serious damage being done.

The police were amazingly fast - dialed the 101 number as I have a
problem remembering the local number. Costs 15p but she put us through
to an emergency reponse. Wasn't quite quick enough though but was nice
to see a fast response anyway!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk