Old 15-02-2012, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Neoprene Wellie advice

Hi, Just wondered if anyone has advice on Neoprene wellies,do you get what
you pay for.
I see them advertised on auction sites as little as £29.00 would these be a
false economy.
I work outside fulltime and need very comfortable boots,also thermal, farm
supplies
have muck boots etc at around £60.00 should I be looking for a "named brand"
Farmers Gardeners swear by them, but I have never had them, but need to make
my mind up.
Mike. Northumberland

Old 15-02-2012, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:23:57 +0000, RiversideRed wrote:

Hi, Just wondered if anyone has advice on Neoprene wellies,do you get
what you pay for.
I see them advertised on auction sites as little as £29.00 would these
be a false economy.
I work outside fulltime and need very comfortable boots,also thermal,
farm supplies have muck boots etc at around £60.00 should I be looking
for a "named brand"
Farmers Gardeners swear by them, but I have never had them, but need to
make my mind up.
Mike. Northumberland

1. We heard you the first time.
2. Buy Le Chammeau, you will never look back.
Old 16-02-2012, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Probably need to re-mortgage the house to fund the purchase. Sorry about
multiple messages, it got stuck in the outbox
sending it 4 times did the trick !!

Old 16-02-2012, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:46:23 +0000, RiversideRed wrote:

Probably need to re-mortgage the house to fund the purchase. Sorry about
multiple messages, it got stuck in the outbox sending it 4 times did the
trick !!

Please don't top-post in this newsgroup (or anywhere else on usenet for
that matter).

The thing about Le Chammeau is that they last a very long time and so
work out cheaper. At least that's how I justified my purchase to myself.
Mind you, I wouldn't dig or fork in them as that would shorten their
life. They really are excellent for keeping out the cold when you're out
shooting though. Come to think of it, if you need the neoprene lining
it's probably too cold for gardening anyway
Old 16-02-2012, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-02-16 13:07:16 +0000, Derek Turner said:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:46:23 +0000, RiversideRed wrote:

Probably need to re-mortgage the house to fund the purchase. Sorry about
multiple messages, it got stuck in the outbox sending it 4 times did the
trick !!

Please don't top-post in this newsgroup (or anywhere else on usenet for
that matter).

The thing about Le Chammeau is that they last a very long time and so
work out cheaper. At least that's how I justified my purchase to myself.
Mind you, I wouldn't dig or fork in them as that would shorten their
life. They really are excellent for keeping out the cold when you're out
shooting though. Come to think of it, if you need the neoprene lining
it's probably too cold for gardening anyway

What are you shooting in Jersey!? ;-)

Cows?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 16-02-2012, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Cold rabbits?..:-)

Old 16-02-2012, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yawn to none gardening replies, rec. gardening was lurker free a long time
ago, smell the fragrance! free yourselves of brackets ( )

On 2012-02-16 13:07:16 +0000, Derek Turner said:

[...]

?? Unless you're thinking of the name Rabet!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 16-02-2012, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:34:25 +0000, Sacha wrote:

What are you shooting in Jersey!? ;-)

Nowt. Brought my guns over as they'd both been fitted to me but haven't
had either in my shoulder since they got here. Same redundancy applies to
my working Cocker. About time we had some proper game and wildfowling
laws here - the bloody bunny-huggers are in the ascendant in the States.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:09:56 +0000, RiversideRed wrote:

Yawn to none gardening replies, rec. gardening was lurker free a long
time ago, smell the fragrance! free yourselves of brackets ( )

And grrrrrrrr to the ignorant top-posters. Plonk.
Old 18-02-2012, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-02-16 13:07:16 +0000, Derek Turner said:

[...]

Sorry Jersey is singlular - I saw it as jerseys :-)
Bill

Old 18-02-2012, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16 Feb 2012 20:41:02 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:09:56 +0000, RiversideRed wrote:

Yawn to none gardening replies, rec. gardening was lurker free a long
time ago, smell the fragrance! free yourselves of brackets ( )

And grrrrrrrr to the ignorant top-posters. Plonk.

As bad as those who do not snip their mail when they reply and you have to scroll down for
ages to read one sentence.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kath" wrote in message
And grrrrrrrr to the ignorant top-posters. Plonk.

As bad as those who do not snip their mail when they reply and you have to
scroll down for
ages to read one sentence.

...........and there's a lot of them around!

Bill