Old 26-02-2012, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default In pots

Last year when Focus were cutting back prior to closing down I bought
a load of bulbs in packs, They cost around 20p a pack.
I potted them,many grew but didn't flower, now I have a pot with some
form of Leucojum, its around 9 inches tall
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Potbulb02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Potbulb01.jpg
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay
Old 26-02-2012, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote ..

Last year when Focus were cutting back prior to closing down I bought
a load of bulbs in packs, They cost around 20p a pack.
I potted them,many grew but didn't flower, now I have a pot with some
form of Leucojum, its around 9 inches tall
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Potbulb02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Potbulb01.jpg

Leucojum vernum var. vernum is the one with the green spots that flowers
now.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 26-02-2012, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/02/2012 16:21, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Dave Hill" wrote ..

Last year when Focus were cutting back prior to closing down I bought
a load of bulbs in packs, They cost around 20p a pack.
I potted them,many grew but didn't flower, now I have a pot with some
form of Leucojum, its around 9 inches tall
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Potbulb02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Potbulb01.jpg

Leucojum vernum var. vernum is the one with the green spots that flowers
now.

It reproduces very easily from seed. I just take out the seeds from the
ripe seedheads and plant them in pots which are left out over winter.
You can soon have dozens of plants for very little effort. Would be
nice if they had a scent, though.

--

Jeff
Old 26-02-2012, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jeff Layman" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Dave Hill" wrote ..

Last year when Focus were cutting back prior to closing down I bought
a load of bulbs in packs, They cost around 20p a pack.
I potted them,many grew but didn't flower, now I have a pot with some
form of Leucojum, its around 9 inches tall
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Potbulb02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Potbulb01.jpg

Leucojum vernum var. vernum is the one with the green spots that flowers
now.

It reproduces very easily from seed. I just take out the seeds from the
ripe seedheads and plant them in pots which are left out over winter. You
can soon have dozens of plants for very little effort. Would be nice if
they had a scent, though.

It's a bit invasive here, had to get rid of lots just to keep them in check.
Bulbs are very deep too.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 27-02-2012, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Feb 26, 5:49*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Jeff Layman" *wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Dave Hill" *wrote ..

[...]

Posted to this Newsgroup from the W of London, UK- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the info.
I doubt I'll be around by the time they try to take over this place.
One item of note, they are the only bulb other than dafs that the mice
havn't tried to eat.
Davod @ the wet and foggy end of Swansea Bay