Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Registered User

Default Virginia Creeper problem

I have had a Virginia Creeper on my garden wall for over 16 years. It was beautiful with huge green leaves every summer until last year when only 1/3rd of the plant produced leaves. The rest of the branches look very brittle and dead.

I have another Virginia Creeper on my garage wall which is already beginning to show some buds, but the one on my main wall looks as though its not going to produce a thing this year. Its also covered in ladybirds at the moment for some bizarre reason.

Its a nuisance because I don't think I could ever get the Creeper off the wall as the branches have glued themselves to the bricks over the years and become well and truly stuck!

It spoils the whole look of my garden and I wonder if anyone can advise what I should do? Plant another over the top of this? try to get the branches off the wall - which I think would be nigh impossible? I wish I knew an expert who could look at the plant as I not sure of the next move.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Christine