Old 21-06-2003, 06:44 PM
ivor bit

Default How do I reproduce Virginia Creeper plants?

I have a lovely set of three year old plants and want to reproduce them.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Old 22-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:42:19 +0000 (UTC), "ivor bit"
wrote:

I have a lovely set of three year old plants and want to reproduce them.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

I have successfully rooted bits in water.

Pam in Bristol
Old 22-06-2003, 11:08 AM
ivor bit

Hi Pam, how does that work. Do you take a clipping and then bury it in the
soil?
(Gardening newbie)

Chris

Old 22-06-2003, 11:45 AM
richard smith

The quickest way I have found is layering, just pin with a loop of wire or
weight with a small flat stone a section of new growth across the top of a
pot of compost,the shoot will then root down into the pot,when this has
happened just cut the new plant away from the original plant.

Richard

Old 22-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:58:54 +0000 (UTC), "ivor bit"
wrote:

Do you take a clipping and then bury it in the
soil?

I just cut bits off and stand them in a jar of water until rooted,
then pot them up. You could try potting some bits straight away and
see which does best.
Good luck. It is hard to kill!

Pam in Bristol

virginia creeper Mogie Gardening 3 25-12-2003 12:02 AM
How to tame a virginia creeper? Peter United Kingdom 3 27-07-2003 09:30 AM
Virginia Creeper Prof Rollerball United Kingdom 7 11-07-2003 02:44 PM
Pests on virginia creeper? DM Gardening 0 31-05-2003 08:44 PM
Virginia Creeper (?) oxymel of squill United Kingdom 1 12-11-2002 05:56 PM