Old 27-06-2012, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomato blight

Has anyone been struck by tomato blight?
I am intersted to know if it is around in Sussex.
Thanks

Old 27-06-2012, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Ann Lancing wrote:
Has anyone been struck by tomato blight?
I am intersted to know if it is around in Sussex.

I have not seen anything on tomatoes yet, but I've spotted the odd potato
coming down with it (in Essex, and also on Merseyside, fwiw). I think the
damp weather is going to make it a problem this year, unless it clears up
smartish and stays that way.

There's a website, think if you search for "blight watch" where you can
sign up for SMS alerts when blight comes to your postal area ...
Old 27-06-2012, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27 Jun 2012 10:47:19 GMT, wrote:

Ann Lancing wrote:
Has anyone been struck by tomato blight?
I am intersted to know if it is around in Sussex.

I have not seen anything on tomatoes yet, but I've spotted the odd potato
coming down with it (in Essex, and also on Merseyside, fwiw). I think the
damp weather is going to make it a problem this year, unless it clears up
smartish and stays that way.

There's a website, think if you search for "blight watch" where you can
sign up for SMS alerts when blight comes to your postal area ...

Yes sign up for bligh****ch.co.uk where you will be informed of any
reports of blight in your area.

Pam in Bristol
Old 27-06-2012, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ann Lancing wrote:
Has anyone been struck by tomato blight?
I am intersted to know if it is around in Sussex.

I have not seen anything on tomatoes yet, but I've spotted the odd potato
coming down with it (in Essex, and also on Merseyside, fwiw). I think the
damp weather is going to make it a problem this year, unless it clears up
smartish and stays that way.

There's a website, think if you search for "blight watch" where you can
sign up for SMS alerts when blight comes to your postal area ...

Yes sign up for bligh****ch.co.uk where you will be informed of any
reports of blight in your area.

Pam in Bristol

Thanks - signed up :-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Old 28-06-2012, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Has anyone been struck by tomato blight?
I am intersted to know if it is around in Sussex.

I'm signed up with Bligh****ch, and in West Sussex PO18 area and today
received a 'Fulls Smiths' for blight in the area

Ros

Old 29-06-2012, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ros Butt" wrote in message
Has anyone been struck by tomato blight?
I am intersted to know if it is around in Sussex.

I'm signed up with Bligh****ch, and in West Sussex PO18 area and today
received a 'Fulls Smiths' for blight in the area

Me too - which just needs me to find out what a Full Smith Period is.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hello David,

Ann Lancing wrote:

Has anyone been struck by tomato blight?
I am intersted to know if it is around in Sussex.
I have not seen anything on tomatoes yet, but I've spotted the odd
potato coming down with it (in Essex, and also on Merseyside, fwiw).
I think the damp weather is going to make it a problem this year,
unless it clears up smartish and stays that way.

There's a website, think if you search for "blight watch" where you
can sign up for SMS alerts when blight comes to your postal area ...

Yes sign up for bligh****ch.co.uk where you will be informed of any
reports of blight in your area.

Pam in Bristol

Thanks - signed up :-)

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

thanks to all for your help.Ann

Blight report service(was How bad is tomato blight?) Steve Harris United Kingdom 4 04-05-2004 06:04 PM
Organic remedy for tomato blight ? Peter Richards United Kingdom 37 22-10-2003 06:22 AM
Tomato blight rile Edible Gardening 4 18-05-2003 11:20 PM
Tomato Early Blight problems gary Texas 0 08-05-2003 02:44 PM
Tomato blight Janet Margaret Castle Gardening 3 01-05-2003 06:20 AM