Old 12-07-2012, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default nice morning innit

I am having a tidy up in a very overgrown corner of the garden, the sun is
shining the perfume from my Kiftsgate rose is wonderful and there some wild
strawberries growing here, I may be some time, only came in to visit the
bathroom, blokes are lucky they can just duck into a handy hedge :-)

kate

Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/07/2012 11:42, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:29:52 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

I am having a tidy up in a very overgrown corner of the garden, the sun is
shining the perfume from my Kiftsgate rose is wonderful and there some wild
strawberries growing here, I may be some time, only came in to visit the
bathroom, blokes are lucky they can just duck into a handy hedge :-)

kate

Pouring with rain in Cornwall! Nearly half an inch since midnight.
Foggy with it. Ugh!

Blue sky and sun here in Yorkshire, but the cows out in the fields are
wading in knee high mud. Wellingtons are essential footwear today.

NATO are playing tag up above (presumably training for the Olympics).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 12-07-2012, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I am having a tidy up in a very overgrown corner of the garden, the sun is
shining the perfume from my Kiftsgate rose is wonderful and there some wild
strawberries growing here, I may be some time, only came in to visit the
bathroom, blokes are lucky they can just duck into a handy hedge :-)

kate

No!

Got up to a sunny morning. Decided to get some weeding done while the
sun dried the grass from an overnight shower. No problem.

Got the wheelbarrow to get some mulch from the compost heap to spread
over weeded area. Discovered tear/slash in wheelbarrow tyre.

Decided to cut grass anyway. Went to move car from drive (part of the
logistics and I always cut front lawns first for some reason). Started
car to be greeted by two flashing warning lights and a pinging alarm.
Checked book. Phoned garage to make appointment for diagnostic check.
Local garage can't do it so had to phone main dealership. While on
phone it started peeing down.

Now trying to find something constructive to do to avoid the pile of
ironing becoming the top priority task. Have already sourced
replacement for wheelbarrow.

And, if memories of my mother are anything to go by, whilst we men can
admittedly duck behind a hedge, you women can always find a convenient
nettle patch into which to lower yourselves.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I am having a tidy up in a very overgrown corner of the garden, the sun
is
shining the perfume from my Kiftsgate rose is wonderful and there some
wild
strawberries growing here, I may be some time, only came in to visit the
bathroom, blokes are lucky they can just duck into a handy hedge :-)

kate

Pouring with rain in Cornwall! Nearly half an inch since midnight.
Foggy with it. Ugh!

Blue sky and sun here in Yorkshire, but the cows out in the fields are
wading in knee high mud. Wellingtons are essential footwear today.

NATO are playing tag up above (presumably training for the Olympics).

Would you be in the North near us?

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I am having a tidy up in a very overgrown corner of the garden, the sun
is
shining the perfume from my Kiftsgate rose is wonderful and there some
wild
strawberries growing here, I may be some time, only came in to visit the
bathroom, blokes are lucky they can just duck into a handy hedge :-)

kate

Pouring with rain in Cornwall! Nearly half an inch since midnight.
Foggy with it. Ugh!

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Absolutely vile here.
and Kate not so sure this bloke would rely on being "Lucky" if the hedge had
Kiftsgate in it!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 12-07-2012, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/07/2012 16:10, Martin wrote:

wrote:

I am having a tidy up in a very overgrown corner of the garden, the sun
is
shining the perfume from my Kiftsgate rose is wonderful and there some
wild
strawberries growing here, I may be some time, only came in to visit the
bathroom, blokes are lucky they can just duck into a handy hedge :-)

kate

Pouring with rain in Cornwall! Nearly half an inch since midnight.
Foggy with it. Ugh!

Blue sky and sun here in Yorkshire, but the cows out in the fields are
wading in knee high mud. Wellingtons are essential footwear today.

NATO are playing tag up above (presumably training for the Olympics).

Would you be in the North near us?

NE coast or near Ripon?

Edge of the North York moors.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Old 13-07-2012, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

I am afraid that you are totally wrong there Jake, in these oh so
correct days. Port Vale football team were in a park training, felt the
need, as there were no toilets around popped into the bushes for relief.
The resultant fuss has been unbelievable!

Old 13-07-2012, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Well that little lot ought to keep you out of mischief for a while ...

And, if memories of my mother are anything to go by, whilst we men can
admittedly duck behind a hedge, you women can always find a convenient
nettle patch into which to lower yourselves.

Ouch!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/