Old 06-08-2012, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Irrigation/Misters

Many years ago I was given an old mist unit that works on the amount of
sunlight falling on a sensor rather than an "Electronic Leaf", does anyone
know if they are still made? I use this to keep my main greenhouse damp on
hot days using high level mist nozzles and its very effective.

I notice some mains operated irrigation controllers have "solar sensors" as
well as set programs but they don't seem to explain how they work.

I am trying to water some plants that like high humidity and don't want to
have to keep adjusting the controller to take account of the weather.

May end up having to use a mist unit with the wean control wacked up

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/08/2012 18:32, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Many years ago I was given an old mist unit that works on the amount of
sunlight falling on a sensor rather than an "Electronic Leaf", does
anyone know if they are still made? I use this to keep my main
greenhouse damp on hot days using high level mist nozzles and its very
effective.

I notice some mains operated irrigation controllers have "solar sensors"
as well as set programs but they don't seem to explain how they work.

I am trying to water some plants that like high humidity and don't want
to have to keep adjusting the controller to take account of the weather.

May end up having to use a mist unit with the wean control wacked up

I can never understand why "Fog" units havn't caught on, doesnt make
things quite as damp.
David
Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 06/08/2012 18:32, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Many years ago I was given an old mist unit that works on the amount of
sunlight falling on a sensor rather than an "Electronic Leaf", does
anyone know if they are still made? I use this to keep my main
greenhouse damp on hot days using high level mist nozzles and its very
effective.

I notice some mains operated irrigation controllers have "solar sensors"
as well as set programs but they don't seem to explain how they work.

I am trying to water some plants that like high humidity and don't want
to have to keep adjusting the controller to take account of the weather.

May end up having to use a mist unit with the wean control wacked up

I can never understand why "Fog" units havn't caught on, doesnt make
things quite as damp.
David

They are very effective but I am not trying to propagate any thing just make
sure it doesn't get hot of dry, sort of place ferns would be happy!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sprayers/misters [Lidl]. Chris Bacon United Kingdom 2 13-04-2006 09:59 PM
Mosquito misters J Kolenovsky Texas 0 16-05-2004 04:11 AM
Mosquito misters J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 16-05-2004 04:03 AM
Misters Rob Taylor Ponds 5 12-08-2003 01:43 AM
Irrigation systems Barry Orchids 1 25-03-2003 02:56 AM