Old 04-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Roger Van Loon

Default Contacting the RHS (Royal Horticultural Society)

I've been a member of the RHS for some 25 years.
Now, I wanted to ask them for some info on a specific plant. It says
on their website,
http://212.78.71.150/services/(xbo3po55pjtfboiakpff4dfd)/index.aspx

""RHS members enjoy:
(snip)
FREE gardening advice, by phone, letter, E-mail, or face to face.
""

Now, I did search their website, which takes some time (there are
pages about news, about themselves, about events - gardens - plants -
advice - research - education - publications - libraries - joining -
shopping - etc. etc.)
But I could not find any way to contact them by E-mail.
Am I stupid or are they?

Regards,
Roger.

--
Walk tall, walk straight, and look the world right into the eye.

You're welcome to visit my gardening page:
http://users.pandora.be/roger.van.loon/gardenp.htm
Old 04-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Natalie

"Roger Van Loon" wrote in message

I've been a member of the RHS for some 25 years.
Now, I wanted to ask them for some info on a specific plant. It says
on their website,
http://212.78.71.150/services/(xbo3po55pjtfboiakpff4dfd)/index.aspx

""RHS members enjoy:
(snip)
FREE gardening advice, by phone, letter, E-mail, or face to face.
""

Now, I did search their website, which takes some time (there are
pages about news, about themselves, about events - gardens - plants -
advice - research - education - publications - libraries - joining -
shopping - etc. etc.)
But I could not find any way to contact them by E-mail.
Am I stupid or are they?

Regards,
Roger.

Roger here is the link to their email pages:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/about/contact.asp

You get there from the home page - at the top is says email - search - help.

HTH

Natalie

Old 04-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Roger Van Loon

Natalie wrote:

[...]

Oops! Thanks, Nathalie.
So it seems I'm the stupid one.
However - I tried that button before (in OE ànd in Netscape) and it
didn't work then.
Must have been a glitch in my PC.
Now, when I use that button, I get 14 different options, none of them
seem to have anything to do with gardening/plant info.
I think I will try the Members' Advisory Service, comes closest to it:

Thanks again,
Roger.

Old 06-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Roger Van Loon

Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote:

In message , Roger Van Loon
writes

I've been a member of the RHS for some 25 years.
Now, I wanted to ask them for some info on a specific plant. It says
on their website,
http://212.78.71.150/services/(xbo3po55pjtfboiakpff4dfd)/index.aspx

""RHS members enjoy:
(snip)
FREE gardening advice, by phone, letter, E-mail, or face to face.
""

Now, I did search their website, which takes some time (there are
pages about news, about themselves, about events - gardens - plants -
advice - research - education - publications - libraries - joining -
shopping - etc. etc.)
But I could not find any way to contact them by E-mail.

So you didn't see the link on the 'title bar at the top of each page
that says 'Email' then?

(snip)
Though it doesn't seem to work on the join us page it does on all the
others.

(snip)

Am I stupid or are they?

I couldn't possibly comment...... :-)

Well ... The link on their 'join us' page still doesn't work, that's
where the problem started, and any newbie on website composing would
check that before publishing such a page -
But I won't comment either
:-))

Regards
Roger.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Jim W

Roger Van Loon wrote:

I couldn't possibly comment...... :-)

Well ... The link on their 'join us' page still doesn't work, that's
where the problem started, and any newbie on website composing would
check that before publishing such a page -
But I won't comment either
:-))

Oh I would... the RHS always seem to have at least a few probs with
their website;-)
//
Jim

Old 18-05-2003, 03:20 AM

martin writes:

Well ... The link on their 'join us' page still doesn't work,

It worked around 7 May when my wife joined.
RHS deducted a year's membership fee and so far she has received
absolutely nothing in return. Is this normal?

Took about a week before they took the fee from my card, and about 3
weeks for the membership card and handbook to come through.

Anthony