Old 27-09-2012, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default GM crops?

No response to my earlier post on GM crops..............I guess the gardeners on here are not concerned over the fact that seeds are likely to become more and more difficult to find when GM becomes the norm commercially, and when you can find them the cost will be astronomical.
Old 29-09-2012, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Steerpike wrote:

Absolute rubbish snipped - why should others who have [certainly] killfiled
this nutter be forced to read it second-hand.

Hello there folks, I'm new here and have just spent a pleasant half an hour
or so reading the various and informative posts that have been made by
posters who have a damn good idea of what they are about (it's certainly
relieved my boredom tonight). But as usual with newsgroups, there is one
obvious fly in the ointment - who the bloody hell is this idiot (steerpike),
and what a prat he seems to be with his rather obnoxious trolling statements
and total lack of on-topic subject matter?

Another bozzo for automatic dumping in the rubbish bin - which will make my
return visits here even more interesting without his rubbish messing the
place up.

Ormolu

Old 30-09-2012, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/09/2012 23:48, Ormolu wrote:
Steerpike wrote:

Absolute rubbish snipped - why should others who have [certainly] killfiled
this nutter be forced to read it second-hand.

Hello there folks, I'm new here and have just spent a pleasant half an hour
or so reading the various and informative posts that have been made by
posters who have a damn good idea of what they are about (it's certainly
relieved my boredom tonight). But as usual with newsgroups, there is one
obvious fly in the ointment - who the bloody hell is this idiot (steerpike),
and what a prat he seems to be with his rather obnoxious trolling statements
and total lack of on-topic subject matter?

Another bozzo for automatic dumping in the rubbish bin - which will make my
return visits here even more interesting without his rubbish messing the
place up.

Ormolu

Welcome to the group! There are some knowledgeable and helpful people
here. But, as you've found out, some who you don't want to bother with.

As with any of these annoying posters, in any newsgroup, the basic rule
is "Don't feed the trolls".

--

Jeff
Old 30-09-2012, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jeff Layman" wrote

Ormolu wrote:
Steerpike wrote:

[...]

I must admit I have two people in my blocked senders list, one is Steerpike
and the other is Mike Crowe. I gave them enough rope to hang themselves and
then shoved them once I was certain they weren't worth my time.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 30-09-2012, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ken Ken is offline

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:14:50 PM UTC+1, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote

Ormolu wrote:

Steerpike wrote:

[...]

It seems a shame you have no interest in subjects such as GM crops or climate change, as the long term effects of either might well mean gardening as a hobby is simply going to become a fondly remembered memory.

Old 30-09-2012, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ormolu wrote:

Steerpike wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the welcome folks, but it seems that having junked 'steerpike' I
now have to do the same to 'ken' - unless there are two posters using the
gmail account name of .

Could someone please enlighten me if 'steerpike' and 'ken' are one and the
same before I put a block on the above address?

Many thanks

Ormolu

Old 30-09-2012, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 19:15:17 +0100, "Ormolu" wrote:

Could someone please enlighten me if 'steerpike' and 'ken' are one and the
same before I put a block on the above address?

Yes they are both Chris Stevens. He uses other names as well.
But since the content is just the same it's always obvious who the
sender is.
Old 30-09-2012, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-30 19:15:17 +0100, "Ormolu" said:
snip

Could someone please enlighten me if 'steerpike' and 'ken' are one
and the same before I put a block on the above address?

Okay. Let's drop the pretence, shall you? To those avoiding this batch
of trolls, here's another to plonk. What a sad way to live a life!

Sacha,

If by some chance you get to read this post (I presume that you have binned
me) please read the following:

I'm not intersted in starting flame-wars, but would you please explain why
you are referring to myself as a "troll" when as a 'newbie' to this group, I
am simply trying to sort out the wheat from the chaff with regards to
off-topic rubbish - or as a group moderator (if it actually has them) is
this simply your brusque way of greeting newcomers here?

Ormolu

Old 30-09-2012, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-30 19:15:17 +0100, "Ormolu" said:
snip

Could someone please enlighten me if 'steerpike' and 'ken' are one
and the same before I put a block on the above address?

Okay. Let's drop the pretence, shall you? To those avoiding this batch
of trolls, here's another to plonk. What a sad way to live a life!

Sacha,

I presume that you have binned me and unable to answer my first reply to
you, I have temporarily altered my posting handle to avoid your 'bin' so
that you can read and reply to the following:

I'm not intersted in starting flame-wars, but would you please explain why
you are referring to myself as a "troll" when as a 'newbie' to this group, I
am simply trying to sort out the wheat from the chaff with regards to
off-topic rubbish - or as a group moderator (if it actually has them) is
this simply your brusque way of greeting newcomers here?

I would be grateful for you response.

Ormolu

Old 30-09-2012, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-30 19:15:17 +0100, "Ormolu" said:

snip

[...]

Sacha is an avid fund raiser for a crooked charity, and I dont honestly think she has much grasp of whats going on in the world, even less who is a troll and who's not.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-30 19:15:17 +0100, "Ormolu" said:

snip

[...]

Thank you Baz - but I see that you have morphed again from 'steerpike' and
'ken' - but I really would prefer the 'butcher and not the block' to answer
my question if you don't mind!!

Ormolu

Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-30 19:15:17 +0100, "Ormolu" said:

snip

[...]

I think you will be waiting a while for a response.........
Old 01-10-2012, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 00:02:40 +0100, "Ormolu" wrote:

Sacha has made an honest mistake. I don't think she intended to insut
you as she always greets newcomers in a friendly way.
These things happen when trolls infest a group.
You have already spotted how this particular person changes his name,
so no more need be said.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baz wrote:
snipped
Thank you Baz - but I see that you have morphed again from
'steerpike' and

'ken' - but I really would prefer the 'butcher and not the block' to
answer

my question if you don't mind!!

Ormolu

I think you will be waiting a while for a response.........

It didn't take "the block" too long to reply though did it steerpike. BTW,
the Baz that you seem to be aping uses a different ISP to you - so it is
rather easy to spot the difference.

Ormolu

Old 01-10-2012, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Fuschia wrote:
On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 00:02:40 +0100, "Ormolu" wrote:

Sacha has made an honest mistake. I don't think she intended to insut
you as she always greets newcomers in a friendly way.
These things happen when trolls infest a group.
You have already spotted how this particular person changes his name,
so no more need be said.

Thanks for the comments Fuschia.

Ormolu