Old 29-09-2012, 12:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garlic

Well, having a new veggie plot in March we planted some garlic (said it was
Ok to plant then)
Well, it didn't bulb up, it's only like spring onions, but it is
fantastically strong in flavour. It could blow your head off ;-)

I have some garlic to plant soon from my aunt, she has an Indian gardener.
It's pink, not white, will this be good?

Old 29-09-2012, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

Well, having a new veggie plot in March we planted some garlic (said it was
Ok to plant then)
Well, it didn't bulb up, it's only like spring onions, but it is
fantastically strong in flavour. It could blow your head off ;-)

I have some garlic to plant soon from my aunt, she has an Indian gardener.
It's pink, not white, will this be good?

Well, if depends on whether pink is your colour :-) More seriously,
garlic comes in pink, white and intermediates, and it indicates very
little.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-09-2012, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

Well, having a new veggie plot in March we planted some garlic (said
it was Ok to plant then)
Well, it didn't bulb up, it's only like spring onions, but it is
fantastically strong in flavour. It could blow your head off ;-)

I have some garlic to plant soon from my aunt, she has an Indian
gardener. It's pink, not white, will this be good?

My advice is to leave the bulb in the same place and wait. Usually the bulb
will host next year. A bit like shallots do. As has been said thousands of
times, this year is a bit strange. Some of our veg go biennial. Be as
patient as you can. Ride this year and remember your garlic has a head
start. Expect a very large crop next June/July rather than Sept. onwards.
Get some more in the ground now too. Never rely on one crop.

My OH and her family are from Syria and Pakistan and my children and
grandchildren eat garlic every day. They know how to grow it. This damn
year just about everything has come from our local International
Supermarket. Just visit yours and have a browse around. You will see what I
mean.

Baz

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Speaking of garlic... John S. DeBoo Edible Gardening 4 29-05-2003 10:20 PM
Elphant Garlic Bill Edible Gardening 11 29-05-2003 05:20 PM
Wild garlic Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
Does garlic set seed? Robert cubitt United Kingdom 2 20-10-2002 09:39 PM