Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default for really serious pruning :)

I was unsure how to title this post. Gift for the gardener who has
everything? What you need for your whopping huge orchard? Sammy Four
Finger's favorite tool? The gift that keeps on taking?

Anyway these are pretty ridiculous secateurs:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcy...-f30_lifestyle

I think they must be expensive. I saw a used pair for 750 EU, which
prompted me to do a search!

I skipped through the video after the fabulous intro, but the citrus
pruning at around 5m is pretty impressive. And I loved the tying-in
machine at the end.

Who knew?

-E

Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/10/2012 10:27, Emery Davis wrote:
I was unsure how to title this post. Gift for the gardener who has
everything? What you need for your whopping huge orchard? Sammy Four
Finger's favorite tool? The gift that keeps on taking?

Anyway these are pretty ridiculous secateurs:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcy...-f30_lifestyle

I think they must be expensive. I saw a used pair for 750 EU, which
prompted me to do a search!

I skipped through the video after the fabulous intro, but the citrus
pruning at around 5m is pretty impressive. And I loved the tying-in
machine at the end.

Who knew?

-E

Oh, if only I were a rich man! For some years my friend Arthur has been
visiting my hand, I now find it quite difficult to prune, getting
steadily worse year on year, they would be great.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:27:26 +0200, Emery Davis
wrote:

I think they must be expensive. I saw a used pair for 750 EU, which
prompted me to do a search!

I skipped through the video after the fabulous intro, but the citrus
pruning at around 5m is pretty impressive. And I loved the tying-in
machine at the end.

Who knew?

-E

They look amazing. Would have been very useful for cutting the privet
branch a swarm was on rather than us two struggling with a rachette
pair of cutters. (It was quite a thick bit of privet!)
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 05-10-2012, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/05/2012 12:44 PM, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:10:11 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 05/10/2012 10:27, Emery Davis wrote:
I was unsure how to title this post. Gift for the gardener who has
everything? What you need for your whopping huge orchard? Sammy Four
Finger's favorite tool? The gift that keeps on taking?

Anyway these are pretty ridiculous secateurs:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcy...-f30_lifestyle

I think they must be expensive. I saw a used pair for 750 EU, which
prompted me to do a search!

I skipped through the video after the fabulous intro, but the citrus
pruning at around 5m is pretty impressive. And I loved the tying-in
machine at the end.

Who knew?

-E

I want.

More here.

http://www.infaco.com/documents/broc...ANGx5_2010.pdf

Wow, the manual is almost as good as the film. I liked this particularly:

"It is imperative to follow the powering instructions to avoid the D11
fault to come up. Should this signal appear, please simultaneously turn
the control box power switch OFF AND ON."

I've always wanted a switch that could be simultaneously off and on, to
open and close the cage of my flying pig. Hm, if I had a cat in a box,
would this enable me to find out if it was alive and dead?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/10/2012 10:27, Emery Davis wrote:
I was unsure how to title this post. Gift for the gardener who has
everything? What you need for your whopping huge orchard? Sammy Four
Finger's favorite tool? The gift that keeps on taking?

Anyway these are pretty ridiculous secateurs:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcy...-f30_lifestyle

I think they must be expensive. I saw a used pair for 750 EU, which
prompted me to do a search!

I skipped through the video after the fabulous intro, but the citrus
pruning at around 5m is pretty impressive. And I loved the tying-in
machine at the end.

Who knew?

Who knew they spoke French in Australia? 4:25
--
Phil Cook
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Emery Davis wrote in
:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcy...-pruning-shear
-f30_lifestyle

I think they must be expensive. I saw a used pair for 750 EU, which
prompted me to do a search!

I skipped through the video after the fabulous intro, but the citrus
pruning at around 5m is pretty impressive. And I loved the tying-in
machine at the end.

Who knew?

-E

I noticed the battery packs that the operators wear.
Very, very expensive. Lots of power though.
It would make your back very hot as that power is used wearing those packs
of batteries, and they are very heavy to port.
It never says AH, probably in 2004 was 3ah or less.
Well one battery would serve the Arthur(Broadback) for the amateur pruner
come gardener.

Baz

Old 05-10-2012, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/10/2012 14:18, Baz wrote:
Emery Davis wrote in
:

[...]

In early life I had a friend called Hugh, now my friend is called
Arthur. If you want an explanation just ask! :-))
Old 06-10-2012, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I was unsure how to title this post. Gift for the gardener who has
everything? What you need for your whopping huge orchard? Sammy Four
Finger's favorite tool? The gift that keeps on taking?

Anyway these are pretty ridiculous secateurs:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcy...-f30_lifestyle

I think they must be expensive. I saw a used pair for 750 EU, which
prompted me to do a search!

I skipped through the video after the fabulous intro, but the citrus
pruning at around 5m is pretty impressive. And I loved the tying-in
machine at the end.

Who knew?

Wow! If I had a vineyard or a citus grove!!! LOL

Pam in Bristol
Old 10-10-2012, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Broadback
writes
In early life I had a friend called Hugh, now my friend is called
Arthur. If you want an explanation just ask! :-))

Hugh Janus? Hugh Jampton? Hugh Briss?

--
regards andyw