Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default well draining growing tables

Hi,

I'm looking for a UK or continental source for tables with drainage.
Basically a good candidate would be

http://www.aaagreenhouse.com/single_...er_display.htm

the "Grid top single level display." The purpose is for growing on
young trees in pots that range between seedlings to around 15 l. So the
tables have to be able to hold some weight, and I'm afraid if I just
drill holes in PVC tables it won't be strong enough. Material isn't
important (although price is since I need several) but they will be
watered so PVC is a good choice. The pot plants are mostly Acers so
drainage is super important.

I've tried looking for garden tables or greenhouse supplies but with no
luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-E
Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a UK or continental source for tables with drainage.
Basically a good candidate would be

http://www.aaagreenhouse.com/single_...er_display.htm

the "Grid top single level display." The purpose is for growing on
young trees in pots that range between seedlings to around 15 l. So the
tables have to be able to hold some weight, and I'm afraid if I just
drill holes in PVC tables it won't be strong enough. Material isn't
important (although price is since I need several) but they will be
watered so PVC is a good choice. The pot plants are mostly Acers so
drainage is super important.

I've tried looking for garden tables or greenhouse supplies but with no
luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-E

If you know what you want and do a thumbnail sketch with dimensions, go to a
Window Replacement Company who make their own windows and see what they can
do. The ones I have seen being made have an aluminum box section for
strength.

Just an idea which I would use.

Mike

Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , clem
writes
I'm looking for a UK or continental source for tables with drainage.
Basically a good candidate would be

Anyone have any ideas?

Rhino greenhouse are purported to have the strongest greenhouse and
benches so you could put a drilled thick heavy top on their staging?
They do show lots of bags of compost being stored on top of their
staging and my greenhouse from them is certainly a lot stronger than
some I know.
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 11-11-2012, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 20:44:13 +0100, Emery Davis
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a UK or continental source for tables with drainage.
Basically a good candidate would be

http://www.aaagreenhouse.com/single_...er_display.htm

the "Grid top single level display." The purpose is for growing on
young trees in pots that range between seedlings to around 15 l. So the
tables have to be able to hold some weight, and I'm afraid if I just
drill holes in PVC tables it won't be strong enough. Material isn't
important (although price is since I need several) but they will be
watered so PVC is a good choice. The pot plants are mostly Acers so
drainage is super important.

I've tried looking for garden tables or greenhouse supplies but with no
luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Try Two Wests and Elliot.

Pam in Bristol
Old 11-11-2012, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a UK or continental source for tables with drainage.
Basically a good candidate would be

http://www.aaagreenhouse.com/single_...er_display.htm
Anyone have any ideas?

Try Two Wests and Elliot.

Pam in Bristol

Don't think this would be any use for Emery. I have stopped using them since
their carriage charges to the Scottish Highlands have trebled!!!

Phil

Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/10/2012 11:42 PM, Janet wrote:
Look for greenhouse staging, not tables.

Thanks Janet, it will help to search for the right term!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a UK or continental source for tables with drainage.
Basically a good candidate would be

http://www.aaagreenhouse.com/single_...er_display.htm
Anyone have any ideas?

Try Two Wests and Elliot.

Pam in Bristol

Don't think this would be any use for Emery. I have stopped using them since
their carriage charges to the Scottish Highlands have trebled!!!

Good tip Phil, thanks. The stuff is quite dear as is...

Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery Davis[_4_] View Post
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a UK or continental source for tables with drainage.
Basically a good candidate would be

Single Level Display, Greenhouse Benches, Greenhouse Tables, Benchmaster, Bench Systems, Greenhouse Supplies, Green House Supplies, Greenhouse Displays
Anyone have any ideas?

Try Two Wests and Elliot.

Pam in Bristol

Don't think this would be any use for Emery. I have stopped using them since
their carriage charges to the Scottish Highlands have trebled!!!

Good tip Phil, thanks. The stuff is quite dear as is...
Get a couple of Saw Horses, some 4x2 and some 3x1(or even tile battening) and some nails, cost about £35 for 3 metres of trestle. Put the saw horses about 2 metres apart.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/11/2012 17:24, Granity wrote:
'Emery Davis[_4_ Wrote:
;972723']On 11/11/2012 01:16 PM, Phil Gurr wrote:-
...-
wrote:
-
Hi,

I'm looking for a UK or continental source for tables with drainage.
Basically a good candidate would be

'Single Level Display, Greenhouse Benches, Greenhouse Tables,
Benchmaster, Bench Systems, Greenhouse Supplies, Green House Supplies,
Greenhouse Displays' (
http://tinyurl.com/az7ggwa)
Anyone have any ideas?--
-
Try Two Wests and Elliot.-
-
Pam in Bristol-

Don't think this would be any use for Emery. I have stopped using them
since
their carriage charges to the Scottish Highlands have trebled!!!
-
Good tip Phil, thanks. The stuff is quite dear as is...

Get a couple of Saw Horses, some 4x2 and some 3x1(or even tile
battening) and some nails, cost about £35 for 3 metres of trestle. Put
the saw horses about 2 metres apart.

I'd get a couple of sheets of reinforcing mesh cut or get it cut down
the length, get metal frames made with legs, paint , then cover with
wire netting to stop small plants falling through, cower with polythene
and there are your benches.

Growing seed / plant in only fresh water without draining questiontia sal2 [email protected] Plant Biology 0 27-04-2009 02:34 PM
Custom hand made plant/candle stands/signs an tables [email protected] Gardening 0 25-08-2005 05:22 PM
[IBC] new tables Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 12-01-2004 10:08 PM
Plans for building picnic tables Mike Australia 0 21-04-2003 03:08 AM
FS Dovecotes, Bird Tables, Kennels etc Lee Brooker United Kingdom 0 08-01-2003 12:51 PM