Old 11-03-2013, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default fagus sylvatica purpurea pendula

Anyone know where I could get one of these? not too small please .

Need it for someone who wants to screen her greenhouse. I have looked at
every mail order nursery purporting to stock it on the rhs site but when
you look at their catalogues none seem to carry the pednula one just the
ordinary which is a bit of a timewaster!

Could possibly go and get it if it was within 25 miles of Amersham
Buckinghamshire. Otherwise it would be good if it could be ordered over
the Internet. 10L or more if possible
--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:07:22 +0000, Janet Tweedy wrote:

Anyone know where I could get one of these? not too small please .

Mine is dying from some sort of mushroom, the bark is almost ringed.

It's a very slow grower, so you're right to get one already at a decent
size, I see Mallet Court lists it although too far to drive of course
(Taunton). They do a bit of mail order.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 11-03-2013, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/03/2013 18:24, Emery Davis wrote:
It's a very slow grower, so you're right to get one already at a decent
size, I see Mallet Court lists it although too far to drive of course
(Taunton). They do a bit of mail order.

Thanks!

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 11-03-2013, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/03/2013 18:50, Chris Hogg wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/d752b3u but only 5L.

Thnaks Chris but might be a bit small for her.
--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-03-11 23:19:37 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

On 11/03/2013 18:24, Emery Davis wrote:
It's a very slow grower, so you're right to get one already at a decent
size, I see Mallet Court lists it although too far to drive of course
(Taunton). They do a bit of mail order.

Thanks!

That's the Mrs Mallet that Patty's Plum is called after, that wonderful
dark poppy that grabbed a lot of attention a few years ago. Did you
see this one, Janet?
http://www.ornamental-trees.co.uk/or...dula-tree-p321

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 12-03-2013, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/03/2013 09:38, Sacha wrote:
That's the Mrs Mallet that Patty's Plum is called after, that wonderful
dark poppy that grabbed a lot of attention a few years ago. Did you see
this one, Janet?
http://www.ornamental-trees.co.uk/or...dula-tree-p321

yes thanks Sacha, strange but it said sold out when i first went on.
have now ordered it for her plus tree planting kit

--
Janet T.
Amersham