Old 20-03-2013, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raymond keeps going!

On 2013-03-20 11:22:11 +0000, Dave Poole said:

I've been working late the past two days so I missed the announcement.
I hope Ray had a wonderful day and that the lobster went down well.
He's really quite remarkable - one of those ageless types who you never
consider to be 'getting on' in years. I still think of him as being
the same age now as when I first met him, but 20 years must have passed
since I first 'discovered' HH and its legendary owner. A belated Many
Happy Returns to Ray and hope to see you all very soon.

Thanks David and yes, we hope to see you soon. You're right about the
'ageless' thing. It always amuses Ray when a mere lad of 75 says
something like "could you lift that compost for me, I'm getting on a
bit." ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 20-03-2013, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:43:36 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Today is Raymond's 80th birthday! Since the age of 16 he has worked in
horticulture, only taking a short break to do his National Service with
3 Para. In 1981 the family moved to Landscove, Devon and he's been here
ever since, running the Nursery with his son, Matthew. He's still
working every day and rarely takes time off. And as I've just heard him
say on the phone, he's definitely not retiring because he's seen too
many people age virtually overnight once they do that! He's out there
now, propagating some of his 'babies'! I have also heard him say that
when old gardeners are cremated, they're scattered two ounces to the
square yard and forked in lightly!!

Greetings and congratulations to Raymond who we met when we visited
some years ago.

Pam in Bristol
Old 20-03-2013, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:43:36 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Today is Raymond's 80th birthday! Since the age of 16 he has worked in
horticulture, only taking a short break to do his National Service with
3 Para. In 1981 the family moved to Landscove, Devon and he's been here
ever since, running the Nursery with his son, Matthew. He's still
working every day and rarely takes time off. And as I've just heard him
say on the phone, he's definitely not retiring because he's seen too
many people age virtually overnight once they do that! He's out there
now, propagating some of his 'babies'! I have also heard him say that
when old gardeners are cremated, they're scattered two ounces to the
square yard and forked in lightly!!

Greetings and congratulations to Raymond who we met when we visited
some years ago.

Congratulations to a right-minded person. Very like my great aunt
in both respects :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.