Old 26-03-2013, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wildflower Gromat

A wildflower gromat is advertised in next week's Radio Times. Has anyone
had any experience of this or similar ones? I'm minded to try one in my
garden.

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org
Old 26-03-2013, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/03/13 18:21, Christina Websell wrote:
"Hugh Newbury" wrote in message
On 26/03/13 17:09, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article ,
says...

A wildflower gromat is advertised in next week's Radio Times. Has anyone
had any experience of this or similar ones? I'm minded to try one in my
garden.

Hugh

Why ask us?

You should surely ask Wallace!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist it!)

Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

I wish you were 7000ft up in Wales without a paddle.

Hugh

Ahem. I'll have go at replying to your original post.
No, I have not tried one. I have a big garden that is barely under control
and wildflowers seem to occur naturally ;-)

It would be helpful to know a) how big your garden is b) what you are
planning to achieve if it's very small by buying the wildflower Gromat c)
whether you are being taken in by the advertiser by the idea that they
promote of "being green, attracting wildlife etc.

Can you provide a link for this Gromat?

Tina

Thanks Tina for a sensible answer at last!

a) Not very big, so I thought a corner would be enough for the Grobag.
And it will cut with the garden scissors so I can have several small
patches.

b) See a).

c)
www.windeals.co.uk/wildflower

That is what they say, but it's not why I want one: for an easy way of
growing a few patches of wild flowers for their own sake.

Hugh

Old 26-03-2013, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

I read the link. Just like Omlet "anyone can keep chickens ( if we provide
you with an expensive hut")

Get yourself a packet of wildflower seeds and do it yourself.

Old 26-03-2013, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

That is what they say, but it's not why I want one: for an easy way of
growing a few patches of wild flowers for their own sake.

You want wild flowers? Just stop gardening, you'll get them.

Steve

Wildflower ID? cupra United Kingdom 35 04-04-2009 10:09 PM
Planting wildflower seeds animaux Texas 9 03-11-2003 03:02 AM
Spring Plant Sale and Gardening Festival at the Wildflower Center Jason Spangler Texas 0 03-04-2003 05:20 AM
Arizona: wildflower vs weed ID help please Tsu Dho Nimh Gardening 0 28-03-2003 03:08 AM
Wildflower Identification Needed Inyo Gardening 3 29-01-2003 08:01 PM