Old 31-03-2013, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy Easter!

Hope everyone has a very happy Easter and if you're off for a few days,
a nice bit of r&r and some gardening if your local climate allows!
We're open all Easter so it's not exactly restful but spring does seem
to be trying to flex its muscles, so let's hope it's a promise of
things to come!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 31-03-2013, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

Hope everyone has a very happy Easter and if you're off for a few days,
a nice bit of r&r and some gardening if your local climate allows!
We're open all Easter so it's not exactly restful but spring does seem
to be trying to flex its muscles, so let's hope it's a promise of
things to come!

--

Sacha

Well - not a lot of flexing up here !
Nasty sub-zero nights are forecast for weeks to come (:-(
That chilly wind is back today also.

Happy Easter to You -- all the same (:-)

Pete --- on the sunny by day and freezing by night Cheshire plain.
Old 31-03-2013, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/03/2013 11:39, Sacha wrote:
Hope everyone has a very happy Easter and if you're off for a few days,
a nice bit of r&r and some gardening if your local climate allows! We're
open all Easter so it's not exactly restful but spring does seem to be
trying to flex its muscles, so let's hope it's a promise of things to come!

Happy Easter Sacha and everyone. It's a very cold Easter here. It
tried to snow yesterday, and last night the temp dropped to -2C :-/.
Yesterday I dared to put a few plants out near the house to harden off.
Very anxious today, but so far they appear to have survived. Of
course, it can take a day or so for the cell structure in the plant to
collapse, so I'll be checking them every day now.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 31-03-2013, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-03-31 17:30:26 +0100, Spider said:

On 31/03/2013 11:39, Sacha wrote:
Hope everyone has a very happy Easter and if you're off for a few days,
a nice bit of r&r and some gardening if your local climate allows! We're
open all Easter so it's not exactly restful but spring does seem to be
trying to flex its muscles, so let's hope it's a promise of things to come!

Happy Easter Sacha and everyone. It's a very cold Easter here. It
tried to snow yesterday, and last night the temp dropped to -2C :-/.
Yesterday I dared to put a few plants out near the house to harden off.
Very anxious today, but so far they appear to have survived. Of
course, it can take a day or so for the cell structure in the plant to
collapse, so I'll be checking them every day now.

It turned very cold here later in the day and we had the slightest
possible dappling of rain. If it snowed, I wouldn't be at all
surprised. We have several empty beds to plant round the square
fishpond near the entrance to the nursery but we're not bothering even
to try it yet. There's no point putting anything into soil as cold as
this, because even if it doesn't get frosted, it won't get going,
either!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered User

Location: London

Happy Eater guys! I spend it on vacation and it was great. Now back to gardening hehe