Old 12-06-2013, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Another Iris question

I've seen lovely pics of Iris germanica 'Jasper Agate', and would like
to get hold of one ... the plant, not the pic!.

It's not in Plantfinder, and most sites I see are American. Does anyone
here know of a supplier in the UK?
--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 12-06-2013, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote

I've seen lovely pics of Iris germanica 'Jasper Agate', and would like to
get hold of one ... the plant, not the pic!.

It's not in Plantfinder, and most sites I see are American. Does anyone
here know of a supplier in the UK?

The breeding of "red" TBi's has moved on since 1943 when that one was bred,
take a look at those on this site and you may find something better and
actually available.

http://www.iris-cayeux.com/index?lan...afaf817ce7e16a

Very reliable company at the top of Iris breeding.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/06/2013 22:54, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Spider" wrote

I've seen lovely pics of Iris germanica 'Jasper Agate', and would like
to get hold of one ... the plant, not the pic!.

It's not in Plantfinder, and most sites I see are American. Does
anyone here know of a supplier in the UK?

The breeding of "red" TBi's has moved on since 1943 when that one was
bred, take a look at those on this site and you may find something
better and actually available.

http://www.iris-cayeux.com/index?lan...afaf817ce7e16a

Very reliable company at the top of Iris breeding.

Thanks very much, Bob. Some very drool-worthy irises there (added to
wish list!) and site bookmarked. However, I had a particular reason for
my interest in I. 'Jasper Agate', so I'll still be looking out for it.