Old 12-07-2013, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rose name ?

I am sorry this is another plant ID ( see several here already). I have
looked across the internet and I cant find it.

I bought it from the garden centre ( I live in SE Cornwall). The rose had
lost its tag and I got it cheaper - but I bought it because it was shouting
"buy me please".I couldn't leave it there in the corner and it was the only
one of its type there.

Its most distinctive feature is the shape of the petals on the flower -
which are crinkle edged. all round. ( like fluted).

Its orange not bright but not apricot . Its a true colour, not a mix and
around 2 ins across on the bloom - so not a small flower.

The lady suggested it might be a hybrid T. Its tall and looks like a
climber to me but it might be a tall bush rose.

Its sturdy. Glossy dark green medium size leaf.

Thorns.

No fragrance.

The plant is currently standing around 2ft high and puting on growth. Its
clearly its flowering season now.

If anyone recognizes the description or can make some suggestions I would
love to hear.

I bought it because I like it but I would like to know what it is.

Thanks.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sorry, never mind. I think it is either an Anne Harkness or an Amber Queen.

It looks more like Amber Queen but it seems that is fragranced , so it might
not be. On the other hand, its habit and other features seem to match the
Anne Harkness but it doesn't quite look like the pictures I have seen.

Either way, that will be close enough.

Thank you for reading.