Old 13-07-2013, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT email puzzle

I asked him about it when I replied to his query, feeling a bit cheeky
but thinking that if he hadn't noticed it, he might be glad to have it
pointed out! He said that his computer has 'had a nervous breakdown'
and usually thinks it's 1 January 2003! So it sounds as if it originates
at his end and possibly with his server but now it's over to them!
Thanks, Nick.

Sounds as if his computer clock is up the spout.
Old 13-07-2013, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
David Hill wrote:
I asked him about it when I replied to his query, feeling a bit cheeky
but thinking that if he hadn't noticed it, he might be glad to have it
pointed out! He said that his computer has 'had a nervous breakdown'
and usually thinks it's 1 January 2003! So it sounds as if it originates
at his end and possibly with his server but now it's over to them!
Thanks, Nick.

Sounds as if his computer clock is up the spout.

It's not that simple, nowadays - not that it ever was! Modern
systems are too clever by half, and several components each think
that they own the clock.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 13-07-2013, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-13 17:16:04 +0100, David Hill said:

I asked him about it when I replied to his query, feeling a bit cheeky
but thinking that if he hadn't noticed it, he might be glad to have it
pointed out! He said that his computer has 'had a nervous breakdown'
and usually thinks it's 1 January 2003! So it sounds as if it originates
at his end and possibly with his server but now it's over to them!
Thanks, Nick.

Sounds as if his computer clock is up the spout.

Probably. Istr that happening once years and years ago on an old
computer I had. Somethiing to do with a battery? Made me laugh!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com