Old 13-07-2013, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT email puzzle

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:12:00 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I wonder why I've just received an email re Passiflora antioquensis,
dated 31 December 2002?!

Look ate the Received: lines in the full header that will show if
it's been stuck anywhere in transit. The normal cause is the
orginating PC's clock being wrong...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 13-07-2013, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-13 18:28:06 +0100, Dave Liquorice said:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:12:00 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I wonder why I've just received an email re Passiflora antioquensis,
dated 31 December 2002?!

Look ate the Received: lines in the full header that will show if
it's been stuck anywhere in transit. The normal cause is the
orginating PC's clock being wrong...

I don't think I can go into all that, Dave. He was a customer, with an
enquiry so it seems a bit intrusive to do that. I pointed it out to him
and he already knew about it, so to take it further would be
interference he might not welcome. Clearly, he's aware of the problem!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 13-07-2013, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:03:51 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Look ate the Received: lines in the full header that will show if
it's been stuck anywhere in transit.

I don't think I can go into all that, Dave. He was a customer, with an
enquiry so it seems a bit intrusive to do that.

You don't need to involve your customer at all just look at the full
header of the message in your email client. Don't ask me how you do
that under windows, MS seem to make it harder and harder with every
refresh.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 14-07-2013, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:03:51 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Look ate the Received: lines in the full header that will show if
it's been stuck anywhere in transit.

I don't think I can go into all that, Dave. He was a customer, with an
enquiry so it seems a bit intrusive to do that.

You don't need to involve your customer at all just look at the full
header of the message in your email client. Don't ask me how you do
that under windows, MS seem to make it harder and harder with every
refresh.

If we assume those haven't been forged or mangled by accident,
that would tie down the regurgitation to a couple of systems.
However, decoding that goggledegook (even after finding it) does
need a bit of geekishness.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 14-07-2013, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:34:26 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:03:51 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Look ate the Received: lines in the full header that will show if
it's been stuck anywhere in transit.

I don't think I can go into all that, Dave. He was a customer, with an
enquiry so it seems a bit intrusive to do that.

You don't need to involve your customer at all just look at the full
header of the message in your email client. Don't ask me how you do
that under windows, MS seem to make it harder and harder with every
refresh.

Just press 'H' for headers most applications understand that!

Steve

Old 14-07-2013, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:03:51 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Look ate the Received: lines in the full header that will show if
it's been stuck anywhere in transit.

I don't think I can go into all that, Dave. He was a customer, with an
enquiry so it seems a bit intrusive to do that.

You don't need to involve your customer at all just look at the full
header of the message in your email client. Don't ask me how you do
that under windows, MS seem to make it harder and harder with every
refresh.

Just press 'H' for headers most applications understand that!

Steve

As I've deleted his messages, all I can say is that he was using Opera
and sending from Australia using tpg.com But as he's aware of the
problem, I expect he'll fix it.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com