Old 03-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire
Default Black flies,tiny, non-biting:

Hi folks,

I am being tortured by black flies this year - not biting insects, just really annoying tiny black flies that settle on my skin and drive me mad.

The usual insect repellants keep off the biting ones ok, but these horrible black things seem to be completely immune to all of them.

They mob me, they follow me around (people look in astonishment as I leap around, flailing arms, then run off down the garden in an effort to elude them) they tickle my ears, neck, arms, legs, everywhere.

I hate them!

Anyone know of anything that might help? *begging look* I'd be very grateful for all suggestions.