GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sad news (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207973-sad-news.html)

Kathleen Mcintosh 04-08-2013 04:05 PM

Sad news

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a serious
illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a complete
mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's it at the
moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things in containers :}

--
Kathy

'Mike'[_4_] 04-08-2013 04:23 PM

Sad news

""But I am determined to get better,""

Kathy that is the best bit of medicine that anyone can give you. I don't do
'ill' and the nurses told me when I had my quadruple heart by-pass that with
that sort of philosophy then recovery is faster. I certainly proved them
right.

Keep your faith in yourself. You are stronger than anything said on these
columns/forums/newsgroup.

Best wishes and hurry up back to gardening.

Mike

sacha 04-08-2013 04:47 PM

Sad news

On 2013-08-04 15:05:35 +0000, Kathleen Mcintosh said:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a
serious illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a
complete mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's
it at the moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things
in containers :}

Sorry to hear that, Kathy and I hope you recovery swiftly and completely.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Pam Moore[_2_] 04-08-2013 05:01 PM

Sad news

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 16:05:35 +0100, "Kathleen Mcintosh"
wrote:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a serious
illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a complete
mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's it at the
moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things in containers :}

Determination to beat it is better than any medicine, tho the two can
work together. Good luck.

Pam in Bristol

'Mike'[_4_] 04-08-2013 05:06 PM

Sad news

There you are Kathy, that's two of us told you. Have faith in YOU

(How long have you known you ;-)

Mike

wrote:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a serious
illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a complete
mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's it at the
moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things in containers
:}

Baz[_3_] 05-08-2013 02:38 PM

Sad news

Pam Moore wrote in
:

wrote:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a
serious illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a
complete mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's
it at the moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things
in containers :}

Determination to beat it is better than any medicine, tho the two can
work together. Good luck.

Pam in Bristol

Good luck from me too.
Baz

David Hill 05-08-2013 04:50 PM

Sad news

On 05/08/2013 14:38, Baz wrote:
Pam Moore wrote in
:

wrote:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a
serious illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a
complete mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's
it at the moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things
in containers :}

Determination to beat it is better than any medicine, tho the two can
work together. Good luck.

Pam in Bristol

Good luck from me too.
Baz

You may find these people of help
http://gardeningfordisabledtrust.org.uk/

Kathleen Mcintosh 05-08-2013 05:56 PM

Sad news

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 05/08/2013 14:38, Baz wrote:
Pam Moore wrote in
:

wrote:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a
serious illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a
complete mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's
it at the moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things
in containers :}

Determination to beat it is better than any medicine, tho the two can
work together. Good luck.

Pam in Bristol

Good luck from me too.
Baz

You may find these people of help
http://gardeningfordisabledtrust.org.uk/

Thank you all for your kind wishes.

--
Kathy

Kathleen Mcintosh 06-08-2013 06:34 PM

Sad news

On 2013-08-04 15:05:35 +0000, Kathleen Mcintosh said:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a serious
illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a complete
mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's it at the
moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things in containers
:}

Sorry to hear that, Kathy and I hope you recovery swiftly and completely.

Thank you Sacha. I find out about any recovery on the 20th.

--
Kathy

Kathleen Mcintosh 06-08-2013 06:35 PM

Sad news

wrote:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a serious
illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a complete
mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's it at the
moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things in containers
:}

Determination to beat it is better than any medicine, tho the two can
work together. Good luck.

Thank you Pam.

--
Kathy

Kathleen Mcintosh 06-08-2013 06:35 PM

Sad news

"Baz" wrote in message
Pam Moore wrote in
:

wrote:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a
serious illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a
complete mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's
it at the moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things
in containers :}

Determination to beat it is better than any medicine, tho the two can
work together. Good luck.

Pam in Bristol

Good luck from me too.

Thank you to you as well, Baz.

--
Kathy

Kathleen Mcintosh 06-08-2013 06:37 PM

Sad news

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 13:38:31 GMT, Baz wrote:

Pam Moore wrote in
m:

wrote:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a
serious illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a
complete mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's
it at the moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things
in containers :}

Determination to beat it is better than any medicine, tho the two can
work together. Good luck.

Pam in Bristol

Good luck from me too.

Good luck from all of us.

Thank you all. Your good wishes are much appreciated. Now just waiting for
the meeting on the 20th.

--
Kathy

sacha 06-08-2013 10:59 PM

Sad news

On 2013-08-04 15:05:35 +0000, Kathleen Mcintosh said:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a
serious illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a
complete mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's
it at the moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things
in containers :}

Sorry to hear that, Kathy and I hope you recovery swiftly and completely.

Thank you Sacha. I find out about any recovery on the 20th.

If you feel able to, or wish to, I hope you'll let us all know how you
go on. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Kathleen Mcintosh 07-08-2013 10:23 AM

Sad news

On 2013-08-04 15:05:35 +0000, Kathleen Mcintosh said:

Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a
serious illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a
complete mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's
it at the moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things
in containers :}

Sorry to hear that, Kathy and I hope you recovery swiftly and
completely.

Thank you Sacha. I find out about any recovery on the 20th.

If you feel able to, or wish to, I hope you'll let us all know how you go
on. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you, much appreciated. I'll keep you informed.

--
Kathy

Christina Websell 11-08-2013 01:44 AM

Sad news

"Kathleen Mcintosh" wrote in message
Hello all, haven't been around for a long time.

This is , sadly due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a serious
illness. I have had to give up the lottie, and my garden is a complete
mess. A kind neighbour mows it about once a month but that's it at the
moment. But I am determined to get better, and grow things in containers
:}

Never give up battling. I had cancer a few years ago and was told I would
die shortly. I even got my grave sorted, but I refused to allow it, and I
am still here.
I don't know what you've been diagnosed with but I wish you all the best.