GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thunder on the right! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208224-thunder-right.html)

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 29-08-2013 06:19 PM

Thunder on the right!

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 03:55:09 -0700 (PDT), Judith, Massif Central
France. wrote:

The very heavy rain stopped after about 10 minutes. Ray came

in
soaked just getting from house to car to house!

Daft bugger, really heavy ran hardly ever lasts that long in

this
country, 10 or 15 mins at the most. I just sit in the car and
wait, enjoying being dry whilst watching it belt down.

What can I say? His ickle wifey was waiting for him. ;-)

I see, say no more. Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

But why did you send Ray out to the car in the first place?

Ye gods - it's the Grand Inqusitor Show here! ;-)

I have a feeling you are not telling us all, we have ways of making you
talk :-))

Hm! She is made of harder stuff! Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY
CHAIR!

--
Cheers
Dave.

David Hill 29-08-2013 08:42 PM

Thunder on the right!

On 29/08/2013 16:15, wrote:
In article ,
David Hill wrote:

This is getting ridiculous, so I shall stop here.

How the hell anyone can forecast our weather is beyond me.
Here this morning we had a drizzle with a few heavy showers, but about
half a mile away as the crow flies on the M4 below us it was bone dry,
but within 2 miles I was back on wet roads.
So who's forecast would have been right?
On the way back from the hospital just 4 miles away I drove through
heavy rain shower, but back here the ground was bone dry.

That is precisely why better predictions would be more probabilistic,
such as:

Swansea Bay. Patchy light rain and occasional heavy showers,
with a 60% chance of any precipitation and a 5% chance of 4-6 mm
of precipitation. More than 10 mm anywhere is unlikely.

With that, you know what to expect. You may not know what any
one location will get, but that is not predictable (even in theory).

I have observed the effect you describe cycling back from work,
which is a mere 3.5 miles away.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

On the Met website we have Swansea, Neath Abbey and Port Talbot all of
which are within about 5 miles of us.

[email protected] 29-08-2013 09:40 PM

Thunder on the right!

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 23:42:41 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:12:03 +0100, Sacha wrote:

The very heavy rain stopped after about 10 minutes. Ray came in soaked
just getting from house to car to house!

Daft bugger, really heavy ran hardly ever lasts that long in this
country, 10 or 15 mins at the most. I just sit in the car and wait,
enjoying being dry whilst watching it belt down.

If you have been on a long journey and had been anticipating a Loo
relief with minutes of arrival sitting in a car with water cascading
over it for an indeterminate time can be far from enjoyable.

G.Harman

Sacha[_11_] 29-08-2013 10:32 PM

Thunder on the right!

France. wrote:

The very heavy rain stopped after about 10 minutes. Ray came

in
soaked just getting from house to car to house!

Daft bugger, really heavy ran hardly ever lasts that long in

this
country, 10 or 15 mins at the most. I just sit in the car and
wait, enjoying being dry whilst watching it belt down.

What can I say? His ickle wifey was waiting for him. ;-)

I see, say no more. Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

But why did you send Ray out to the car in the first place?

Ye gods - it's the Grand Inqusitor Show here! ;-)

I have a feeling you are not telling us all, we have ways of making you
talk :-))

Hm! She is made of harder stuff! Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY
CHAIR!

Make it a sofa - two of us, you know! ;-)
--

Sacha
South Devon

Sacha[_11_] 29-08-2013 10:33 PM

Thunder on the right!

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:12:03 +0100, Sacha wrote:

The very heavy rain stopped after about 10 minutes. Ray came in soaked
just getting from house to car to house!

Daft bugger, really heavy ran hardly ever lasts that long in this
country, 10 or 15 mins at the most. I just sit in the car and wait,
enjoying being dry whilst watching it belt down.

If you have been on a long journey and had been anticipating a Loo
relief with minutes of arrival sitting in a car with water cascading
over it for an indeterminate time can be far from enjoyable.

G.Harman

There's a terribly personal note of distress and pain in that particular post!
--

Sacha
South Devon

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 30-08-2013 12:49 AM

Thunder on the right!

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:28:39 +0200, Martin wrote:

I have a feeling you are not telling us all, we have ways of
making you talk :-))

Yea yeah - we have a stand outside and get soaked, fetish! ;-)

Not dressed in shiny rubber?

Naw, just a T shirt.

Wet of course.

It's pouring with rain... and being the UK it won't be warm rain
either.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Victoria Conlan[_2_] 30-08-2013 01:15 AM

Thunder on the right!

Dave Liquorice wrote:
Naw, just a T shirt.

Wet of course.

It's pouring with rain... and being the UK it won't be warm rain
either.

Very very warm here tonight.

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 30-08-2013 10:32 AM

Thunder on the right!

On 30 Aug 2013 00:15:27 GMT, Victoria Conlan wrote:

Naw, just a T shirt.

Wet of course.

It's pouring with rain... and being the UK it won't be warm rain
either.

Very very warm here tonight.

Was it raining? Did you go out in just a T shirt to find out if the
rain was warm?

--
Cheers
Dave.

[email protected] 30-08-2013 11:11 AM

Thunder on the right!

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:33:31 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

If you have been on a long journey and had been anticipating a Loo
relief with minutes of arrival sitting in a car with water cascading
over it for an indeterminate time can be far from enjoyable.

G.Harman

There's a terribly personal note of distress and pain in that particular post!

Fortunately not that often. When my work was mobile the main annoyance
was wishing to go to the Loo after a long journey while at the same
time wishing to hear the end of a feature on the radio. At least now
with the iPlayer that is an inconvenience that has been solved so one
may proceed into a convenience.
G.Harman

Sacha[_11_] 30-08-2013 12:05 PM

Thunder on the right!

On 2013-08-30 00:49:55 +0100, Dave Liquorice said:

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:28:39 +0200, Martin wrote:

I have a feeling you are not telling us all, we have ways of
making you talk :-))

Yea yeah - we have a stand outside and get soaked, fetish! ;-)

Not dressed in shiny rubber?

Naw, just a T shirt.

Wet of course.

It's pouring with rain... and being the UK it won't be warm rain
either.

Dry T-shirts here!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Sacha[_11_] 30-08-2013 12:06 PM

Thunder on the right!

wrote:

If you have been on a long journey and had been anticipating a Loo
relief with minutes of arrival sitting in a car with water cascading
over it for an indeterminate time can be far from enjoyable.

G.Harman

There's a terribly personal note of distress and pain in that particular post!

Fortunately not that often. When my work was mobile the main annoyance
was wishing to go to the Loo after a long journey while at the same
time wishing to hear the end of a feature on the radio. At least now
with the iPlayer that is an inconvenience that has been solved so one
may proceed into a convenience.
G.Harman

Lol! First world problems, eh!
--