Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
JennyC

Default coconut ?

Hi

I've been given a coconut husk and was wondering whether I could still
hang it up for the birds?

Jenny

Old 06-05-2003, 10:57 AM
gastropod

Is it just the husk or the shell or is the flesh inside? The husk and flesh
will attract birds through the spring and summer and the husk while any nest
building repairing is going on.
Neil (ornithologist)

Old 06-05-2003, 06:44 PM
JennyC

"JennyC" wrote in message
Hi
I've been given a coconut husk and was wondering whether I

could still
hang it up for the birds?
Jenny

"gastropod" wrote
Is it just the husk or the shell or is the flesh inside? The husk

and flesh
will attract birds through the spring and summer and the husk while

any nest
building repairing is going on.
Neil (ornithologist)

Its a whole nut with coconut milk and flesh. I was wondering whether
young birds would be able to cope with the flesh if fed it by their
parents ?
Jenny

Old 07-05-2003, 08:56 AM
gastropod

It is very rare that adults feed unsuitable material to their young. Meat
is much better for them and this is what the adults prefer to feed them on.
The ecology runs like this:
more fod for adults = more food for young
Neil
www.conceptgardens.com

"JennyC" wrote in message
"JennyC" wrote in message
Hi
I've been given a coconut husk and was wondering whether I

could still
hang it up for the birds?
Jenny

"gastropod" wrote
Is it just the husk or the shell or is the flesh inside? The husk

and flesh
will attract birds through the spring and summer and the husk while

any nest
building repairing is going on.
Neil (ornithologist)

Its a whole nut with coconut milk and flesh. I was wondering whether
young birds would be able to cope with the flesh if fed it by their
parents ?
Jenny

Coconut Liner and/or rubber liner for window box planters Kelly Gardening 2 13-05-2003 11:08 PM
coconut coir fiber; opinions? Pamela Claus Orchids 3 07-04-2003 06:44 PM
coconut ramses Plant Biology 0 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
coconut ramses Plant Biology 0 27-03-2003 02:20 PM
Coconut fiber Lee Brouillet Ponds 10 28-02-2003 07:52 PM