Old 30-01-2014, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Siote clearance and new houses.

Some may remember my battle with the over grown site of an old 3 bay
glass house
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psda7b2807.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e4035ff.jpg
Well enough was cleared to get the new glass built, the bench on the
south side has stayed to give some outside growing area.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1c11871b.jpg
The smaller house, is equipped with a 12 ft heated bench and the North
with a 6ft 3 tier stand for orchids and 6ft of bed, and is heated to
around 58f
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...pse8332383.jpg
The other house 2 x 8ft by 10ft were erected as One with a lot of extra
side and roof braces, this has a bench the full length of the south
side(Actually 20ft 8 inches) and a full length soil bed on the north,
this house is heated to around 50f
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps16384fe4.jpg
Both have gas and electric heating and florescent lighting.
The 2 houses were joined with aluminium plates bolted to the 2 adjoining
end frames to pull them together, and extra bracing.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps188737f4.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psd595d5f9.jpg

David @ a still rain free side of Swansea Bay

Old 30-01-2014, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/01/2014 17:53, David Hill wrote:

Both have gas and electric heating and florescent lighting.
The 2 houses were joined with aluminium plates bolted to the 2 adjoining
end frames to pull them together, and extra bracing.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps188737f4.jpg

I can't tell from the photo, but is the black pipe in the ground
carrying electricity/gas in, or is it draining rainwater from the roof
to underground storage?

--

Jeff
Old 30-01-2014, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/01/2014 18:18, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 30/01/2014 17:53, David Hill wrote:

Both have gas and electric heating and florescent lighting.
The 2 houses were joined with aluminium plates bolted to the 2 adjoining
end frames to pull them together, and extra bracing.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps188737f4.jpg

I can't tell from the photo, but is the black pipe in the ground
carrying electricity/gas in, or is it draining rainwater from the roof
to underground storage?

Rainwater, but with what we have had this month it is still soaking into
the house. We've had over 14 inches.
Old 31-01-2014, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/01/2014 18:53, David Hill wrote:
On 30/01/2014 18:18, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 30/01/2014 17:53, David Hill wrote:

Both have gas and electric heating and florescent lighting.
The 2 houses were joined with aluminium plates bolted to the 2
adjoining
end frames to pull them together, and extra bracing.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps188737f4.jpg

I can't tell from the photo, but is the black pipe in the ground
carrying electricity/gas in, or is it draining rainwater from the roof
to underground storage?

Rainwater, but with what we have had this month it is still soaking into
the house. We've had over 14 inches.

There but for the grace of God go the rest of us. Good luck

Old 31-01-2014, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Wow. That's quite a difference, David! You've been working very hard,
obviously. Hope you have a good growing season and see the fruits of
your labour.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London