Old 28-02-2014, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Unknown Daff

I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg
David
Old 01-03-2014, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg

David

I would have thought that a 4W-P daffodil was distinctive enough to
identify, but it seems that there are scores of such cultivars. (More if
you include those with orange-pink coronas.) For the commoner cultivars see

http://www.thedaffodilsite.co.uk/Gui...P-D4-page1.htm

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 01-03-2014, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg

David

I'm no expert, but to me it's similar to Narc.'Pink Paradise' or
N.'Extravaganza'. Have you ever planted either?
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 01-03-2014, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/03/2014 16:01, Spider wrote:
On 28/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg

David

I'm no expert, but to me it's similar to Narc.'Pink Paradise' or
N.'Extravaganza'. Have you ever planted either?

Never planted either, and I can't understand how I have 1 bulb in a pot.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/03/2014 20:41, David Hill wrote:
On 01/03/2014 16:01, Spider wrote:
On 28/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg

David

I'm no expert, but to me it's similar to Narc.'Pink Paradise' or
N.'Extravaganza'. Have you ever planted either?

Never planted either, and I can't understand how I have 1 bulb in a pot.

Squirrels plant bulbs ... oh yes they do! :~)

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/1/2014 5:16 PM, Spider wrote:
On 01/03/2014 20:41, David Hill wrote:
Never planted either, and I can't understand how I have 1 bulb in a pot.

Squirrels plant bulbs ... oh yes they do! :~)

I once found a very pretty tulip growing in my garden, in an area where
I had planted no tulips, ever. I later noticed that my neighbour had a
lovely clump of the same tulips.

Squirrels.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/03/2014 22:16, Spider wrote:
On 01/03/2014 20:41, David Hill wrote:
On 01/03/2014 16:01, Spider wrote:
On 28/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg

David

I'm no expert, but to me it's similar to Narc.'Pink Paradise' or
N.'Extravaganza'. Have you ever planted either?

Never planted either, and I can't understand how I have 1 bulb in a pot.

Squirrels plant bulbs ... oh yes they do! :~)

No neighbours that grow anything like it, they are more interested in
growing grass for their horses, so it must have been down to Wyvale and
bought it, then brought it back, filled a pot and planted it in the
centre of the pot.
If I can find that Squirrel then I have a job for it and all the bird
food it can eat.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/03/2014 22:22, S Viemeister wrote:
On 3/1/2014 5:16 PM, Spider wrote:
On 01/03/2014 20:41, David Hill wrote:
Never planted either, and I can't understand how I have 1 bulb in a pot.

Squirrels plant bulbs ... oh yes they do! :~)

I once found a very pretty tulip growing in my garden, in an area where
I had planted no tulips, ever. I later noticed that my neighbour had a
lovely clump of the same tulips.

Squirrels.

I'm not surprised. They're cheeky little thieves. Hope your daffy
bulked up well :~)

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 02-03-2014, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 02/03/2014 09:21, David Hill wrote:
[...]

That's quite a clever squirrel, I must confess! It's probably got a
loyalty card at Wyevale :~).
It makes me wonder how large a territory squirrels have and if a more
distant neighbour grows fancy daffs.
Anyway, if you like your new daff that much, just enjoy it. You may
never know from whence it came.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 02-03-2014, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-03-01 20:41:02 +0000, David Hill said:

On 01/03/2014 16:01, Spider wrote:
On 28/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg

David

I'm no expert, but to me it's similar to Narc.'Pink Paradise' or
N.'Extravaganza'. Have you ever planted either?

Never planted either, and I can't understand how I have 1 bulb in a pot.

Did it come in with all those you bought in autumn?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 02-03-2014, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-03-01 20:41:02 +0000, David Hill said:

On 01/03/2014 16:01, Spider wrote:
On 28/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg

David

I'm no expert, but to me it's similar to Narc.'Pink Paradise' or
N.'Extravaganza'. Have you ever planted either?

Never planted either, and I can't understand how I have 1 bulb in a pot.

Did it come in with all those you bought in autumn?

No.
All those I bought were single yellow trumpet forms, and no free bulb to
try.
I don't even know where you might get a single daff bulb.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-03-01 20:41:02 +0000, David Hill said:

On 01/03/2014 16:01, Spider wrote:
On 28/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
I don't know where I got this from but it's growing in a pot on its own
with no name
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc584d0a0.jpg

David

I'm no expert, but to me it's similar to Narc.'Pink Paradise' or
N.'Extravaganza'. Have you ever planted either?

Never planted either, and I can't understand how I have 1 bulb in a pot.

Did it come in with all those you bought in autumn?

No.
All those I bought were single yellow trumpet forms, and no free bulb to try.
I don't even know where you might get a single daff bulb.

Weird things do happen. We had one really beautiful Anemone of the most
gorgeous violet colour and Raymond has a pink Hardenbergia that came
with some white and purple ones years and years ago. He's let it grow
on so he can prop it!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com