Old 03-04-2014, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ping Martin in Zuid Holland

I am going on a coach trip to the Dutch Bulbfields on May 1 for 4
days. ( staying, I think, in "one of the Hollands") I like your
informative video!
Question; Do you think there will be any flowers to see then?
In my garden daffs are nearly over and tulips in bud.
I guess they somehow plant for succession.
What do you think?
I went on a cycling, Youth Hostelling holiday when I was 18 and still
remember the scent of the hyacinths as we cycled past. Can't remember
how early we went.

Pam in Bristol
Old 09-04-2014, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 23:19:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 13:57:46 +0100, Pam Moore wrote:

I am going on a coach trip to the Dutch Bulbfields on May 1 for 4
days. ( staying, I think, in "one of the Hollands") I like your
informative video!
Question; Do you think there will be any flowers to see then?
In my garden daffs are nearly over and tulips in bud.

Some of our tulips are almost finished already. It's been warm and dry here for
the last two or three weeks. The weather is changing tonight to colder and
wetter.

There will still be flowers in the Keukenhof near Lisse.
I assume your coach will take you there. It's open until 18th May.
http://www.keukenhof.nl/en/

I guess they somehow plant for succession.
What do you think?
I went on a cycling, Youth Hostelling holiday when I was 18 and still
remember the scent of the hyacinths as we cycled past. Can't remember
how early we went.

When I first moved to NL the place where I worked, near Noordwijk, was
surrounded by fields of hyacinths. Now the fields are gone and have been
replaced by housing estates.

Pam in Bristol

Thanks for info!
Yes, Keukenhof is on the schedule. fingers crossed we see some
flowers!

Pam in Bristol

ping Martin 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 5 01-09-2011 06:04 PM
ping. Martin. From a poster on another group! Ophelia[_4_] United Kingdom 8 23-07-2009 05:15 PM
Ping Martin Judith in France United Kingdom 4 09-06-2009 07:26 PM
New Photosite from Holland / Nikon Coolpix 5700 Jelle Australia 0 16-01-2005 11:37 AM
New fotosite from Holland / Nikon Coolpix 5700 Jelle Australia 0 16-01-2005 11:33 AM