Old 03-05-2014, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A great day out!

It looks as if the Toby Buckland Garden Festival is set to be an annual
event! It was day one yesterday, day two (and last) today. It was
extremely well attended with crowds and crowds of people, a large
variety of plant stands and others and in the extraordinarily beautiful
setting of Powderham Castle near Dawlish. When and if people are
planning next year's May Bank Holiday, I'd say this is going to be well
worth including in any garden show itinerary.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sacha" wrote in message ...

It looks as if the Toby Buckland Garden Festival is set to be an annual
event! It was day one yesterday, day two (and last) today. It was
extremely well attended with crowds and crowds of people, a large
variety of plant stands and others and in the extraordinarily beautiful
setting of Powderham Castle near Dawlish. When and if people are
planning next year's May Bank Holiday, I'd say this is going to be well
worth including in any garden show itinerary.
--
Sacha

One on the Isle of Wight has had to be cancelled because the ground is still
too wet.

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/gard...off-57403.aspx

The annoying thing is that we have a superb forecast for today and I think
tomorrow too.

Lovely and sunny here now.

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk

Old 03-05-2014, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/05/2014 08:21, sacha wrote:
It looks as if the Toby Buckland Garden Festival is set to be an annual
event! It was day one yesterday, day two (and last) today. It was
extremely well attended with crowds and crowds of people, a large
variety of plant stands and others and in the extraordinarily beautiful
setting of Powderham Castle near Dawlish. When and if people are
planning next year's May Bank Holiday, I'd say this is going to be well
worth including in any garden show itinerary.

Sounds excellent. Although the show will be over when we visit later
this year, we will certainly be calling in to see TB's nursery.

How did Ray's talk go?

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 03-05-2014, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-03 11:50:34 +0000, Spider said:

On 03/05/2014 08:21, sacha wrote:
It looks as if the Toby Buckland Garden Festival is set to be an annual
event! It was day one yesterday, day two (and last) today. It was
extremely well attended with crowds and crowds of people, a large
variety of plant stands and others and in the extraordinarily beautiful
setting of Powderham Castle near Dawlish. When and if people are
planning next year's May Bank Holiday, I'd say this is going to be well
worth including in any garden show itinerary.

Sounds excellent. Although the show will be over when we visit later
this year, we will certainly be calling in to see TB's nursery.

How did Ray's talk go?

I think very well! Or so lots of people said afterwards. However, the
stand got so busy that I stayed there so missed the talk. ;-(
And it looks pretty certain that this will be a regular event. We saw
Toby a couple of times today and he's delighted with the way it's gone
and so is everyone involved in getting it off the ground. The entry
price is so reasonable (£5 and children under 16 go in free) that we
all think that helped pull in the crowds. For that price, people could
also tour the castle. Apparently, over 3,000 people came in yesterday
and if anything, today was busier. Originally, we had envisaged some
really small, very rural-type fair but this was sizeable but with
plenty of room to move about and a good spread of areas of interest.
There were plenty of food stalls, too! And now, if you'll excuse me,
there's a g&t with my name on it calling to me!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 03-05-2014, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/05/2014 19:16, sacha wrote:
On 2014-05-03 11:50:34 +0000, Spider said:

[...]

I'm really pleased it was appreciated. Pity you missed it, though.
Mind you, if your stand was that busy, it must be a good thing. Don't
sell all your plants before I get to Hill House, will you! ;~)

It's about time Toby Buckland had a run of success. He's obviously on
to a winner with this show for the SW of the country. I can't wait to
see his nursery. It would be lovely for us to see the show one year
but, understandably, RG doesn't like travelling during Bank Holidays. I
can't blame him. We'll just have to see what the future brings.

Enjoy that g&t. I'm about to glug some red wine with my leg of lamb.
Yum yum. I'm starving after a day in the garden.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-03 11:50:34 +0000, Spider said:

[...]

Glad it all went well, we are off to Longstock on Monday which is why we
didn't sign up for this but it sounds like you have a success on your hands
( if we had been younger we may have considered both!)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 03-05-2014, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote

Glad it all went well, we are off to Longstock on Monday which is why we

didn't sign up for this but it sounds like you have a success on your hands
( if we had been younger we may have considered both!)

I'll have to make do with the Plant Fair at Savill Garden next weekend.

http://www.theroyallandscape.co.uk/e...al-plant-fair/
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-03 11:50:34 +0000, Spider said:

[...]

I think it will be the same days next year, Charlie because it's a good
format. People are starting to come down for the Bank Holiday week end
but the actual days don't clash with anything big happening on the
Sunday and BH Monday. So I hope you and Liz will do it next year. I
suspect the world will go round about what a good 'do' it is so if
anything, more exhibitors and more people will come. We can go into
more detail when we meet up. Our stand was in a fabulous position in
the rose garden on the top terrace, slap in front of the castle and
overlooking the deer park, railway at Dawlish and the estuary. About
11 yesterday morning the entire herd of deer suddenly streamed into
view, galloping from right to left across the park - hundreds of them.
It was absolutely magical!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 04-05-2014, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-03 22:33:20 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"Charlie Pridham" wrote

Glad it all went well, we are off to Longstock on Monday which is why we

didn't sign up for this but it sounds like you have a success on your
hands ( if we had been younger we may have considered both!)

I'll have to make do with the Plant Fair at Savill Garden next weekend.

http://www.theroyallandscape.co.uk/e...al-plant-fair/

You're lucky! I've never been to the Savill Garden and would love to
but one of the problems with being married to a nurseryman is getting
out and about to other places ini the busy season!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 08-05-2014, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-03 21:39:23 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:
snip
Glad it all went well, we are off to Longstock on Monday which is why
we didn't sign up for this but it sounds like you have a success on
your hands ( if we had been younger we may have considered both!)

It's just been announced that it will be on 1 & 2 May next year, Charlie.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

great items for you lawn decorating plus great selection of bird houses carol pritt Lawns 1 12-05-2009 10:23 AM
log on to this page for great information on the TOPIC!! It's really great!!! farhaj Plant Science 5 28-03-2007 02:51 AM
log on to this page for great information on the TOPIC!! It's really great!!! farhaj Plant Science 1 27-03-2007 08:38 PM
What a great day Theo van Daele Ponds 0 29-05-2003 11:20 PM
Some great NEW products... and a great Bonus ordering opportunity! Earl Buchan Gardening 0 21-03-2003 06:08 PM