Old 07-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Registered User

Default Help

Will someone please settle an argument with 'er in doors'
From our local stable/garden centre for the disabled with learning difficulties I purchased 12 8ft 1" bamboo canes 50p each last year for the beans. Just finished re-setting the small fancy fencing along the veg plot and out she comes, didn't see any note pad or pencil to write down faults with what I've done, pheeew! the fence had approval.

Now to prevent a 'slap' from me I decided to come on here and ask.

She maintains the beans won't get to climb the canes because they're too thick.
No the canes aren't you are, I'll provide the beans with a ladder.
I ducked just in time as the rock thundered past my head.

So the obvious, will the beans climb these canes or should I put thinner canes in ?
Old 07-05-2014, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie2" wrote in message ...

Will someone please settle an argument with 'er in doors'
From our local stable/garden centre for the disabled with learning
difficulties I purchased 12 8ft 1" bamboo canes 50p each last year for
the beans. Just finished re-setting the small fancy fencing along the
veg plot and out she comes, didn't see any note pad or pencil to write
down faults with what I've done, pheeew! the fence had approval.

--
Charlie2

Yes they will climb them

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
Old 07-05-2014, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 7 May 2014 17:30:20 +0200, Charlie2
wrote:

Will someone please settle an argument with 'er in doors'
From our local stable/garden centre for the disabled with learning
difficulties I purchased 12 8ft 1" bamboo canes 50p each last year for
the beans. Just finished re-setting the small fancy fencing along the
veg plot and out she comes, didn't see any note pad or pencil to write
down faults with what I've done, pheeew! the fence had approval.

Now to prevent a 'slap' from me I decided to come on here and ask.

She maintains the beans won't get to climb the canes because they're too
thick.
No the canes aren't you are, I'll provide the beans with a ladder.
I ducked just in time as the rock thundered past my head.

So the obvious, will the beans climb these canes or should I put thinner
canes in ?

The beans will certainly climb them, if you can keep the slugs off!
Old 07-05-2014, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie2" wrote

Will someone please settle an argument with 'er in doors'
From our local stable/garden centre for the disabled with learning
difficulties I purchased 12 8ft 1" bamboo canes 50p each last year for
the beans. Just finished re-setting the small fancy fencing along the
veg plot and out she comes, didn't see any note pad or pencil to write
down faults with what I've done, pheeew! the fence had approval.

Now to prevent a 'slap' from me I decided to come on here and ask.

She maintains the beans won't get to climb the canes because they're too
thick.
No the canes aren't you are, I'll provide the beans with a ladder.
I ducked just in time as the rock thundered past my head.

So the obvious, will the beans climb these canes or should I put thinner
canes in ?

They are exactly what we always use. I bought a bundle of 100 many years ago
and half are still in their wrapping waiting to be used.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/05/2014 16:30, Charlie2 wrote:

Will someone please settle an argument with 'er in doors'
From our local stable/garden centre for the disabled with learning
difficulties I purchased 12 8ft 1" bamboo canes 50p each last year for
the beans. Just finished re-setting the small fancy fencing along the
veg plot and out she comes, didn't see any note pad or pencil to write
down faults with what I've done, pheeew! the fence had approval.

Now to prevent a 'slap' from me I decided to come on here and ask.

She maintains the beans won't get to climb the canes because they're too
thick.
No the canes aren't you are, I'll provide the beans with a ladder.
I ducked just in time as the rock thundered past my head.

So the obvious, will the beans climb these canes or should I put thinner
canes in ?

Yes, of course they're all right. Sometimes beans need a little guidance
to get going round the cane, but that's not dependent on the thickness
of the cane. In the wild they climb up whatever they can find.
Remember to tell 'er indoors politely - she may be cooking your beans in
few weeks ;~).

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 08-05-2014, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Charlie2" wrote

Will someone please settle an argument with 'er in doors'
From our local stable/garden centre for the disabled with learning
difficulties I purchased 12 8ft 1" bamboo canes 50p each last year for
the beans. Just finished re-setting the small fancy fencing along the
veg plot and out she comes, didn't see any note pad or pencil to write
down faults with what I've done, pheeew! the fence had approval.

Now to prevent a 'slap' from me I decided to come on here and ask.

She maintains the beans won't get to climb the canes because they're too
thick.
No the canes aren't you are, I'll provide the beans with a ladder.
I ducked just in time as the rock thundered past my head.

So the obvious, will the beans climb these canes or should I put thinner
canes in ?

They are exactly what we always use. I bought a bundle of 100 many years
ago and half are still in their wrapping waiting to be used.

I forgot to mention that, when new, canes are very smooth and I've found the
beans sometimes have a problem getting a grip so sometimes we have to tie
the beans up against the cane at the start. After they get going they are
fine.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM