Old 14-05-2014, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Advice for tough petrol mower used by many

On Mon, 05 May 2014 21:42:26 +0100, P Jameson wrote:

We need a new petrol-engined rotary lawn mower for mowing the paths on
an allotment, and would like advice on which make of machine to go for.

Since there are so many different ones to choose from these days.
Basically we want a not too expensive but *tough* mower to withstand
some rough handling from some 'half-human' gardeners.

Years ago a london council i used to work for, used to mainly buy basic
Hayter push rotary machines for their gardening staff and they seemed
very durable.

Might Hayter still be about the toughest and simplest machines on the
market, suitable for allotment paths; or have things moved on?
Thanks.

Whereabouts are you?

I'm trying to sell a 'Harry' lawnmower with rear roller at the moment, and
this could very well fit the bill.

I'm in Suffolk, but have been known to travel.

Cheers

Dave R
Old 28-05-2014, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks sounds good, but sorry to say they rushed out and bought a machine
already. shouldn't be too long before some of the 'only half human' types
on the allotment wreck it though....