Old 14-06-2014, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mircorizome experience?

Has anyone got experience of Mircorizome - good bad or indifferent?
--
Jim S
Old 14-06-2014, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jim S" wrote

Has anyone got experience of Mircorizome - good bad or indifferent?

Do you mean mycorrhizal fungus, this product...

http://www.rootgrow.co.uk/mycorrhizal-fungi.html

I used it to plant a couple of Cherry trees out of four, can't say I can see
any difference between them. Probably better in poor soils not rich
clay/silt loam.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 14-06-2014, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 18:13:29 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

"Jim S" wrote

Has anyone got experience of Mircorizome - good bad or indifferent?

Do you mean mycorrhizal fungus, this product...

http://www.rootgrow.co.uk/mycorrhizal-fungi.html

I used it to plant a couple of Cherry trees out of four, can't say I can see
any difference between them. Probably better in poor soils not rich
clay/silt loam.

That's the stuff. Trade name perhaps. B&Q ~£8 - didn't seem worth it for my
Father's Day rose.
--
Jim S
Old 14-06-2014, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jim S" wrote in message
Has anyone got experience of Mircorizome - good bad or indifferent?
--
Jim S

Working well with roses here, No use at all with Lapageria and fruit trees.
--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 16-06-2014, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 22:03:19 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Has anyone got experience of Mircorizome - good bad or indifferent?
-- Jim S

Working well with roses here, No use at all with Lapageria and fruit
trees.

Very effective with maples of all sorts. Expensive but worth it. There
are a few other sources besides Rootgrow.

I used it with a sick climbing rose this fall, the plant is still alive
but sickly. Sometimes they can take a bit to get established for me.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Old 17-06-2014, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:03:19 PM UTC+1, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Working well with roses here, No use at all with Lapageria and fruit trees.

--

Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall

and Lapageria rosea cvs

http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Are you using it to combat replant disease of roses Charlie?

Rod