Old 02-08-2014, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy Birthday

to David Hill! Hope it's a very good, dry day for you, David. And I
hope, too, that you're going to treat yourselves to a lovely lunch
somewhere!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 02-08-2014, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 02/08/2014 09:52, Sacha wrote:
to David Hill! Hope it's a very good, dry day for you, David. And I
hope, too, that you're going to treat yourselves to a lovely lunch
somewhere!

Thanks Sacha.
I had a very nice present overnight, some steady rain, enough to leave
puddles on the track, so I just might get away with no outside watering
today.
We've had some sunshine but at present the sun is behind clouds.

A day of chutney making for me as I have a glut of tomatoes, picked
around 16 lbs on Thursday.
No chance of eating out today as the wife's back is bad.
She had an injection at the Pain Clinic in March, they gave her a form
to send in when the pain returned, this she did a month ago, and got a
letter from them saying they would see her within 6 months.
Health Service?
So waiting for her to be able to walk before going out.
David @ a rain free side of Swansea bay
Old 02-08-2014, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 02/08/2014 10:44, David Hill wrote:
[...]

Happy Birthday from me too, David. Sorry to hear about your wife's back
pain troubles. I'm sure it takes the gloss off your birthday
celebrations, but do have as happy a day as you can ... maybe slip some
whisky in the chutney! Cheers!
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 02-08-2014, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 02 Aug 2014 10:44:07 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

[...]

Greetings David
That rain was a definite gift for you and all of us.
best wishes to your wife too.
Pam
Old 02-08-2014, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Thanks Pam and Spider.
Checked the rainguage just now and we only had 1/2 inch but the weeds
will love it.
I don't know if the birds think I'm going to put out Birthday cake but
earlier on there were at least 17 on the feeders and coming and going
like crazy.
Took this shot just now when things have eased off a bit.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps745d72fa.jpg

Old 02-08-2014, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote .

Sacha wrote:
[...]

All the best David.

What rain?