Old 20-12-2014, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default In the garden

On 18/12/2014 20:35, Ophelia wrote:

"sacha" wrote in message
I went round the garden today, picking foliage for Christmas flower
arrangements. Each of these had a few flowers left, Salvia
guaranitica, Salvia confertiflora, Rosa Wedding Day, loads of
different Vincas, Salvia involucrata, an unknown lacecap Hydrangea, a
Fuchsia fulgens and a single Rosa bracteata.

Lucky you! All I have is holly, plenty of berries though

What, no berries on the Cotoneaster?

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 20-12-2014, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sacha" wrote in message
I went round the garden today, picking foliage for Christmas flower
arrangements. Each of these had a few flowers left, Salvia
guaranitica, Salvia confertiflora, Rosa Wedding Day, loads of
different Vincas, Salvia involucrata, an unknown lacecap Hydrangea, a
Fuchsia fulgens and a single Rosa bracteata.

Lucky you! All I have is holly, plenty of berries though

What, no berries on the Cotoneaster?

Dh says yes !!! They are down the other end of the garden near the shed so
I don't see them so much now it's cold I'll take a proper look
tomorrow)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 20-12-2014, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/20/2014 1:16 PM, Spider wrote:
On 18/12/2014 20:35, Ophelia wrote:
"sacha" wrote
I went round the garden today, picking foliage for Christmas flower
arrangements. Each of these had a few flowers left, Salvia
guaranitica, Salvia confertiflora, Rosa Wedding Day, loads of
different Vincas, Salvia involucrata, an unknown lacecap Hydrangea, a
Fuchsia fulgens and a single Rosa bracteata.

Lucky you! All I have is holly, plenty of berries though

What, no berries on the Cotoneaster?

The birds devoured all my cotoneaster berries a month ago. Plenty of
holly berries, though.
And one pink rosebud.

Old 20-12-2014, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 12/20/2014 1:16 PM, Spider wrote:
On 18/12/2014 20:35, Ophelia wrote:
"sacha" wrote
I went round the garden today, picking foliage for Christmas flower
arrangements. Each of these had a few flowers left, Salvia
guaranitica, Salvia confertiflora, Rosa Wedding Day, loads of
different Vincas, Salvia involucrata, an unknown lacecap Hydrangea, a
Fuchsia fulgens and a single Rosa bracteata.
Lucky you! All I have is holly, plenty of berries though

What, no berries on the Cotoneaster?

The birds devoured all my cotoneaster berries a month ago. Plenty of holly
berries, though.
And one pink rosebud.

Oooh you posh thing D. say we have berries but I will check tomorrow in
case he missed their demise)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 21-12-2014, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 12/20/2014 1:16 PM, Spider wrote:
On 18/12/2014 20:35, Ophelia wrote:
"sacha" wrote
I went round the garden today, picking foliage for Christmas flower
arrangements. Each of these had a few flowers left, Salvia
guaranitica, Salvia confertiflora, Rosa Wedding Day, loads of
different Vincas, Salvia involucrata, an unknown lacecap Hydrangea, a
Fuchsia fulgens and a single Rosa bracteata.
Lucky you! All I have is holly, plenty of berries though
What, no berries on the Cotoneaster?

The birds devoured all my cotoneaster berries a month ago. Plenty of
holly berries, though.
And one pink rosebud.

Oooh you posh thing D. say we have berries but I will check tomorrow in
case he missed their demise)

Change of plan! There is a gale blowing and it is chucking it down out
there

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 23-12-2014, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Spider (was In the garden)

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

[...]

Yes)) There are loads) We went down to hang seed balls and wondered
whether to hang one in there Still they have the choice)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 24-12-2014, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/12/2014 23:19, Ophelia wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

[...]

That's great, Ophelia! I would have been surprised if there hadn't
been; ours are smothered in berries:~). None are tall enough to hang
seed balls in, but one will eventually make small tree size.
Forgive me asking, but I hope your seed balls don't have the green
netting around them. It can tear birds tongues if they get caught in
it. Having seen such a bird in the grimmest of distress, I always check
that friends are aware of the problem. Hope you don't mind.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 24-12-2014, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

[...]

My cotoneaster is supported on a fence so it was fairly easy.

Forgive me asking, but I hope your seed balls don't have the green netting
around them. It can tear birds tongues if they get caught in it. Having
seen such a bird in the grimmest of distress, I always check that friends
are aware of the problem. Hope you don't mind.

I don't mind at all, I am always happy to have advice from you.

Yes! They do have green netting I will take them down and see how else I
can use them. What do you use to hang yours in?

Thank you for the warning!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 24-12-2014, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Spider wrote:
On 23/12/2014 23:19, Ophelia wrote:

Lucky you! All I have is holly, plenty of berries though
What, no berries on the Cotoneaster?

The birds devoured all my cotoneaster berries a month ago. Plenty of
holly berries, though.
And one pink rosebud.

Oooh you posh thing D. say we have berries but I will check
tomorrow in case he missed their demise)

Change of plan! There is a gale blowing and it is chucking it down
out there

Yes)) There are loads) We went down to hang seed balls and
wondered whether to hang one in there Still they have the choice)

That's great, Ophelia! I would have been surprised if there hadn't
been; ours are smothered in berries:~). None are tall enough to hang
seed balls in, but one will eventually make small tree size.

My cotoneaster has some berries, but only a few - because it is a
tightly pruned wall shrub, the blackbirds tend to leave it alone.

Unfortunately, I have no berries on my Danae.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.