Old 23-04-2015, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rare Plant fair Cornwall 31st May

Start by saying I am not able to go so am not self promoting but given the
mix of nurseries attending and the likely range of plants thought I would
give the heads up.

To be held at Tregrehan (fantastic place if you dont know it)

Nurseries expected to attend

..Desert to Jungle, Taunton, Rob Grudge
..Nick Lock of Mevagissey
..Paul Bonavia of Tretawn, Constantine
..Churchtown Nurseries, Wendy Woods of Gulval
..Barracott Plants, Orchard Cottage, Geoff Turner of Gunnislake
..Treraven Plants, Mike Bell of Bodmin
..Mallorn Gardens, John Jerrard from Redruth
..Treseders Nursery of St Austell, James Treseder
..Tuckermarsh Gardens, Mark Fillan of Rumleigh, Yelverton
..Hale Plants, Jane Mitchell
..Lower Kennegy, Stephan Mules
..Dick Fulcher, Pine Cottage Plants
Crug

Some of the plants I know they are hoping to have with them on the day, but
most nurseries have not said so this is just a taster

Telanthophora grandifolia,
Sonchus canariensis and
Gynura cusimbua.

Bocconia frutescens
Deppea splendens
Alstroemeria isabellana 'Fred Meyer'
A Brillantaisia [how do you tell the species apart?]
Piper heydei [proving harder to propagate than expected
Cobaea campanulata
Cobaea paneroi
Cobaea pringlei
Cobaea scandens 'Purple'
Cobaea scandens 'White'

Arisaema flavum
Arisaema tortuosum
Arisaema concinnum (nice green form with brown spathe mouth)
Arisaema speciosum
Arisaema speciosum var. mirabile
Arisaema costatum
Arisaema ciliatum var.liubaense
Possibly young plants of Arisaema murrayi var. murrayi - one of the most
beautiful Arisaema of all
Arisaema thunbergii ssp.urashima

Remusatia vivipara, pumila and hookeriana

Colocasia gaoligongensis

Pinellia pedatisecta
Possibly the rarely seen Pinellia peltata

Sauromatum horsfieldii (red form)

No doubt a few others too.

And a few other bits:

Tetrapanax
Eomecon chionantha
Impatiens flanaganae
Kirengeshoma palmata
Herpetospermum pedunculosum

I know we are a long way down, but if you were down anyway you would be
cross to have missed it!
--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Hardy Plant sale in Cornwall Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 3 10-05-2010 01:38 PM
Rare Plants Fair Ornata United Kingdom 0 05-04-2005 11:44 AM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat May 31st Jim Bonsai 0 31-05-2004 03:04 AM
Rare plant imports Robert H Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 17-05-2004 10:21 AM
rare unusual exotic plant shop in london...? giorgio \(@work\) United Kingdom 8 23-04-2004 06:04 PM