Old 21-04-2004, 08:30 PM
giorgio \(@work\)

Default rare unusual exotic plant shop in london...?

hi, i'll be in london the second week of may, does anyone know some nursery
o garden center that has "rare, unusual or exotic" plants or seeds?

thank you
giorgio
-italy-

ps sorry for my english!

Old 21-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Emrys Davies

'Giorgio',

This site will hopefully be of some help to you, although you may have
to take a day trip to reach some of the nurseries which are shown.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~jime...otic.htm#intro

I have e-mailed the author (Jim Fisher) of the site with a copy of your
request, asking if he can help, and I will forward his reply, should I
receive one.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

.. .

Old 21-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Mike

thank you
giorgio
-italy-

ps sorry for my english!

Giorgio, you nave no need to apologise for your English, it is one hundred
percent better than my Italian, and possibly most of the readers of this
newsgroup.

Have a nice stay in England

Mike

Old 22-04-2004, 08:03 AM
JennyC

"giorgio (@work)" wrote in message
.. .
hi, i'll be in london the second week of may, does anyone know some nursery
o garden center that has "rare, unusual or exotic" plants or seeds?

thank you
giorgio
-italy-

ps sorry for my english!

Hi Giorio

I don't know what type of plants the following garden centres have, but might be
both a look:
http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/acat...n_Centres.html

This flower/plant market might be fun to visit:
http://www.columbia-flower-market.freewebspace.com/

You could of course also visit Kew Gardens:
http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/

Have a good stay :~)
Jenny

Old 22-04-2004, 10:12 AM
jane

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:54:03 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

~
~"giorgio (@work)" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I would add to this list
http://www.thepalmcentre.co.uk/

It's in Ham, near Richmond, and is absolutely stuffed with tropical
plants. I nearly bought a cycad last time but gave in to a quite
reasonably priced aspidistra, which immediately got called Uncle (If
you understand the reference, grin) and it has just grown seven new
leaves in a couple of months. At this rate I'll have to repot it this
summer. Nice, healthy plants.

They also sell mature bird of paradise (strelitzia reginae), for those
of you addicted to them :-) I spent ages looking for one a similar
size to my seed-grown one, so I could see if mine is likely to flower
this year but all theirs, even the big ones, had much narrower
leaves than mine, so I couldn't really compare :-(

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 22-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Philip

"giorgio \(@work\)" wrote in message ...
hi, i'll be in london the second week of may, does anyone know some nursery
o garden center that has "rare, unusual or exotic" plants or seeds?

thank you
giorgio
-italy-

ps sorry for my english!

There is a place in Ham called the Palm Centre. I cannot find a
direct link to a website, but this google search will give you enough
info to understand what they have to offer.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22...oe=UTF-8&hl=en

The Palm Centre is near Ham House on the Banks of the Thames and is a
nice place to visit. So thats a bonus.

Enjoy your visit.

Phil

ps Your English is pretty good, so no need to appologise.
Old 22-04-2004, 12:06 PM
giorgio \(@work\)

thank you to everybody for yours usefull answers! i'm interested in orchid
nursery too, but still found anything on google!
ciao
giorgio
ps if you have time please visit my online photoalbum about my "garden"
(it's just my house terrace!)
http://giorgio.fotopic.net/c150764.html

Old 22-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Sacha

giorgio (@work)21/4/04 7:19

hi, i'll be in london the second week of may, does anyone know some nursery
o garden center that has "rare, unusual or exotic" plants or seeds?

thank you
giorgio
-italy-

ps sorry for my english!

You might be interested in looking at this web site, too - not in London but
rare and exotic. http://www.rareplants.co.uk/contact.htm
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Larry Stoter

giorgio (@work) wrote:

thank you to everybody for yours usefull answers! i'm interested in orchid
nursery too, but still found anything on google!
ciao
giorgio
ps if you have time please visit my online photoalbum about my "garden"
(it's just my house terrace!)
http://giorgio.fotopic.net/c150764.html

For orchids, visit Mcbeans nursery. It is about halfway between Haywards
Heath and Lewes, in Sussex, south of London. I guess train to Haywards
Heath and taxi to Mcbeans - they have a large nursery and shop area.
Also do tours and courses. Regularly exhibit at Chelsea and win medals.

Check their website at: http://www.mcbeansorchids.co.uk/
--
Larry Stoter