Old 01-07-2015, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 100 Foot Expandable Garden Hose

These are on offer 2 for £39.00 from MyMemory.
My question is "Has anyone here tried them? and are they any good?
I drag around 150 ft of hose when watering out the field.
David @ a the side of Swansea Bay where we are having the odd thunder
shower.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote ...

These are on offer 2 for £39.00 from MyMemory.
My question is "Has anyone here tried them? and are they any good?
I drag around 150 ft of hose when watering out the field.
David @ a the side of Swansea Bay where we are having the odd thunder
shower.

Don't know about the hose but it's been 36.5°C just down the road at
Heathrow today and I'm Hot. So much so that the leaves of my Silk Tree are
drooping like they do at night or in rain. I just hope we will get the rain
promised for tomorrow, everything is just so dry and brown here.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 15:51:29 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

These are on offer 2 for £39.00 from MyMemory.
My question is "Has anyone here tried them? and are they any good?
I drag around 150 ft of hose when watering out the field.
David @ a the side of Swansea Bay where we are having the odd thunder
shower.

In my experience they don't last long.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

Old 02-07-2015, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

These are on offer 2 for £39.00 from MyMemory.

Would just make sure you are getting what you mean when you post
"Expandable Garden Hose" because these have been around for many
years, and then there is the fairly new XHose which is the one that
expands and shrinks back into almost nothing, two totally different
products.

And when they for instance 20m, is that expanded or before ?

Xhoses looks good, but last time I looked still very expensive for
even a short length.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

These are on offer 2 for £39.00 from MyMemory.

Would just make sure you are getting what you mean when you post
"Expandable Garden Hose" because these have been around for many
years, and then there is the fairly new XHose which is the one that
expands and shrinks back into almost nothing, two totally different
products.

And when they for instance 20m, is that expanded or before ?

Xhoses looks good, but last time I looked still very expensive for
even a short length.

Came across this which I think answers most of my questions.
http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/...ood/79309.html

Old 07-07-2015, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

These are on offer 2 for £39.00 from MyMemory.

Would just make sure you are getting what you mean when you post
"Expandable Garden Hose" because these have been around for many
years, and then there is the fairly new XHose which is the one that
expands and shrinks back into almost nothing, two totally different
products.

And when they for instance 20m, is that expanded or before ?

Xhoses looks good, but last time I looked still very expensive for
even a short length.

I bought an Xhose last year and was very pleased with the effect
though mine is only 25 ft!
On first usage this year it burst away from the tap-end-connector.
(It had been indoors all winter)
However they replaced it and it is working well so far, Nice to be
able to reach most of the garden and not have to coil up the old type
hose. Time will tell how long this one lasts! Fascinating the way it
retracts!