Old 13-07-2015, 09:50 AM
MysticalGandy's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Ilkeston
Default Sunken Trampolines, anybody got one?

Hi all, we have a trampoline in our garden for the kids (although after a few beers an a BBQ I have been known to use it).

The other day our 10 year old fell out of it where the join in the netting is... She whacked her head and ended up with concussion.. I started looking on line for an alternative and came across "sunken trampolines".

My question is.. has anybody got one in their garden for their kids? and what do they think to them? They do look a lot better..

These are the ones I've seen Sunken Trampoline Supplier - Sunken Trampoline Installer

ta

andy
Old 13-07-2015, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 10:50:56 +0200, MysticalGandy
wrote:

Hi all, we have a trampoline in our garden for the kids (although after
a few beers an a BBQ I have been known to use it).

The other day our 10 year old fell out of it where the join in the
netting is... She whacked her head and ended up with concussion.. I
started looking on line for an alternative and came across "sunken
trampolines".

My question is.. has anybody got one in their garden for their kids? and
what do they think to them? They do look a lot better..

These are the ones I've seen 'Sunken Trampoline Supplier - Sunken
Trampoline Installer' (http://www.sunkentrampoline.com)

A neighbour has one. They bought a normal trampoline, got someone in with a digger to dig
the hole and thus converted it into a sunken one!

Old 13-07-2015, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi all, we have a trampoline in our garden for the kids (although after
a few beers an a BBQ I have been known to use it).

The other day our 10 year old fell out of it where the join in the
netting is... She whacked her head and ended up with concussion.. I
started looking on line for an alternative and came across "sunken
trampolines".

My question is.. has anybody got one in their garden for their kids? and
what do they think to them? They do look a lot better..

These are the ones I've seen 'Sunken Trampoline Supplier - Sunken
Trampoline Installer' (http://www.sunkentrampoline.com)

ta

andy

Not so good when the hole fills with water...

Put goldfish in it and see how far you can tiddlywink them when you bounce.

--
After Christmas vacation, an elementary school teacher was asking her students how they celebrated Christmas.
When she got to Sammy, whose father ran a local toy store, she said, "Sammy, since you're Jewish, I guess your family didn't celebrate Christmas."
Old 13-07-2015, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

MysticalGandy wrote:

The other day our 10 year old fell out of it where the join in the
netting is... She whacked her head and ended up with concussion.. I
started looking on line for an alternative and came across "sunken
trampolines".

The hard edge just sounds closer to the trampoline if it's sunken ...

Old 14-07-2015, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi all, we have a trampoline in our garden for the kids (although after
a few beers an a BBQ I have been known to use it).

The other day our 10 year old fell out of it where the join in the
netting is... She whacked her head and ended up with concussion.. I
started looking on line for an alternative and came across "sunken
trampolines".

My question is.. has anybody got one in their garden for their kids? and
what do they think to them? They do look a lot better..

These are the ones I've seen 'Sunken Trampoline Supplier - Sunken
Trampoline Installer' (http://www.sunkentrampoline.com)

ta

andy

Not so good when the hole fills with water...

We sank ours. Well, it was given to us by a friend and the netting was all borken so it seemed the easiest option. We're on very sandy soil so there is no drainage problem, in fact the bottom of the pit is in the pure sandy layer of the old Mersey flood plain. We dug it roughtly conical, with holes for the trampoline legs to go in and buried the legs, so there's only a deep hole under the middle. Being conical, the edges don't fall in despite the pit being unlined. It's dug deep enough that when an adult bounces, they don't quite touch the ground underneath. We piled some of the spoil in a ring around it and turfed over, so it's not actually quite at ground level.
Old 15-07-2015, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/07/2015 09:50, MysticalGandy wrote:
Hi all, we have a trampoline in our garden for the kids (although after
a few beers an a BBQ I have been known to use it).

The other day our 10 year old fell out of it where the join in the
netting is... She whacked her head and ended up with concussion.. I
started looking on line for an alternative and came across "sunken
trampolines".

My question is.. has anybody got one in their garden for their kids? and
what do they think to them? They do look a lot better..

These are the ones I've seen 'Sunken Trampoline Supplier - Sunken
Trampoline Installer' (http://www.sunkentrampoline.com)

ta

andy

In June this year, our road was closed for a street party. One or two
neighbours suggested a trampoline for the children to enjoy. We found
that we could not get any public liability insurance to cover this
activity because of numerous claims in the past which seemed to suggest
it was dangerous.

In the light of your daughter's accident, I wonder if it would be better
to manage without one?
--
Spider
SE London

Old 26-07-2015, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

MysticalGandy wrote:

"sunken trampolines"

Just saw one right at the end of "Big dreams small spaces" I think this
is the episode on iPlayer, it's not available yet ...

http://bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mq0vl

The hard kerb edge did seem rather close for comfort.