Old 21-09-2015, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Poundland

Got 15 tete-a-tete bulbs for, well, £1, a few days ago. They look fine
plump bulbs and I've planted them in my "cauldron" pot outside my front
door.
I'll let you know how they do.
Was at Wilkos this p.m. 10 tete-a-tete £1.75.

Old 21-09-2015, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/09/2015 22:49, Christina Websell wrote:
Got 15 tete-a-tete bulbs for, well, £1, a few days ago. They look fine
plump bulbs and I've planted them in my "cauldron" pot outside my front
door.
I'll let you know how they do.
Was at Wilkos this p.m. 10 tete-a-tete £1.75.

Bought 2 x 12 packs at local Garsons about a week ago. 3 in one pack
were soft and mouldy. As you would, I threw away my till receipts but I
intend taking them back on Wed. as the card has a Garsons price sticker
on it.

Your post has persuaded me to do this as I paid £2.50 for a pack of 12

Malcolm
Old 22-09-2015, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
On 21/09/2015 22:49, Christina Websell wrote:
Got 15 tete-a-tete bulbs for, well, £1, a few days ago. They look fine
plump bulbs and I've planted them in my "cauldron" pot outside my front
door.
I'll let you know how they do.
Was at Wilkos this p.m. 10 tete-a-tete £1.75.

Bought 2 x 12 packs at local Garsons about a week ago. 3 in one pack were
soft and mouldy. As you would, I threw away my till receipts but I intend
taking them back on Wed. as the card has a Garsons price sticker on it.

Your post has persuaded me to do this as I paid £2.50 for a pack of 12

Malcolm

yes,Ii would take them back.
I always examine everything from a pound shop very carefully, but these
bulbs looked Ok. I also bought 10 dwarf tulip bulbs which also look fine.
I will plant them tomorrow. If they don't come up I will be surprised.
Even if they don't I've only lost £1 but I think they will.

Old 22-09-2015, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Got 15 tete-a-tete bulbs for, well, £1, a few days ago. They look fine
plump bulbs and I've planted them in my "cauldron" pot outside my front
door.
I'll let you know how they do.
Was at Wilkos this p.m. 10 tete-a-tete £1.75.

The Poundland ones should be ok. I've bought narcissi from there and nearly
all came up fine and conrinue to do do. The only thing you have to watch is
that they tend to slip a few rotten ones into their bags. But to ensure you
don't buy one of those you can check for this by shaking the bag about and
;feeling for soft bulbs..

Frank

Old 23-09-2015, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Frank Booth" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Got 15 tete-a-tete bulbs for, well, £1, a few days ago. They look fine
plump bulbs and I've planted them in my "cauldron" pot outside my front
door.
I'll let you know how they do.
Was at Wilkos this p.m. 10 tete-a-tete £1.75.

The Poundland ones should be ok. I've bought narcissi from there and
nearly
all came up fine and conrinue to do do. The only thing you have to watch
is
that they tend to slip a few rotten ones into their bags. But to ensure
you
don't buy one of those you can check for this by shaking the bag about and
;feeling for soft bulbs..

Frank

Not one rotten or soft one in there, all good bulbs.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Got 15 tete-a-tete bulbs for, well, £1, a few days ago. They look fine
plump bulbs and I've planted them in my "cauldron" pot outside my front
door.
I'll let you know how they do.
Was at Wilkos this p.m. 10 tete-a-tete £1.75.

I've planted the dwarf tulips. One was no good. I got 3 hyancinths too,
they look OK. I've planted those along with some crocuses "Gypsy girl"
which are yellow striped maroon. I lost these crocuses some years ago when
they got dug up and destroyed by my neighbours (yes, they are dreadful) and
I've been looking for them ever since.
Should be fairly safe in plastic troughs. Also £1 each from Poundland.
Troughs not the crocuses
I didn't get the Gypsy girls from Poundland.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ask them how much something is, it really ****es off the workers.

--
Why do Italians hate Jehovah's Witnesses?
Italians hate ALL witnesses.