Old 19-12-2015, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default waterproof led garden lights?

hi peeps,

i want to light my garden with stick in the ground led lights to light up
the underside of trees, shrubs etc..

has anyone any experience doing this? it is a mine field on the web trying
to find a good product.

i have heard of or seen somewhere, of spike lights that daisy chain to the
next one along in the garden, this sounds ideal, but i cant find anything
online!

any advice?

cheers

Steve
Old 19-12-2015, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

hi peeps,

i want to light my garden with stick in the ground led lights to light up
the underside of trees, shrubs etc..

has anyone any experience doing this? it is a mine field on the web trying
to find a good product.

i have heard of or seen somewhere, of spike lights that daisy chain to the
next one along in the garden, this sounds ideal, but i cant find anything
online!

any advice?

cheers

Steve

Are these lights self-powered, i.e. with a little photocell on the
top, or do they have a mains lead back to a socket in the house?

If the former, I think you'll be disappointed. At this time of year,
there's not enough daylight, let alone sunlight, and especially under
trees etc. to keep them going IME. If the latter, have you got a
socket to plug them in to that's protected by an RCD (residual current
device) either directly on the socket or in the consumer unit (aka
fuse box in old language), in case something goes seriously wrong?

I want mains powered things ideally. Solar is no use. Happy to plug into
an RCD.

Steve

Old 19-12-2015, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 11:02:56 -0000, "Mr Sandman"
wrote:

hi peeps,

i want to light my garden with stick in the ground led lights to light up
the underside of trees, shrubs etc..

has anyone any experience doing this? it is a mine field on the web trying
to find a good product.

i have heard of or seen somewhere, of spike lights that daisy chain to the
next one along in the garden, this sounds ideal, but i cant find anything
online!

any advice?

cheers

Steve

We have lots of solar lights mainly just for hanging around trees.
They aren't so good at this time of year. For more general directional
light the best by far are the ones from MPOW but they are not made for
continuous light. If you really want good lights you need to invest in
the powered type. The low voltage ones with a mains transformer are
good in the garden even when wet.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
JustNN Just a neural network http://www.justnn.com

Anyone used the new LED grow lights? Bobo Bonobo® Edible Gardening 16 29-02-2012 02:37 PM
LED lights janet Orchids 7 08-04-2011 10:45 PM
Coast LED Lenser LL7590 Write Light Gift Boxed White LED pen light flashlight and Pen [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 22-05-2009 07:39 AM
Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights charles VanDyke Orchids 19 12-11-2005 01:00 AM
Commercial LED Plant Lights charles VanDyke Orchids 4 11-11-2005 06:34 PM