Old 08-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Dan

Default Sweet peppers - Plant out now?

Hi all,

I'm having varying results with lots of veggies i've started growing inside
this year, and my first attempt with many including sweet peppers. They've
grown very well, and i've already repotted them once, now they seem to be
yellowing a bit and i suspect they need bigger pots again.

I didnt notice the packet say greenhouse

Will i get away with planting them outside now? Or will they die off?

I'm down in herts, and they will be planted in a full sun spot....

Thanks!
dan

--

www.dankeeley.co.uk

Old 08-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Rod

"Dan" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I'm having varying results with lots of veggies i've started growing inside
this year, and my first attempt with many including sweet peppers. They've
grown very well, and i've already repotted them once, now they seem to be
yellowing a bit and i suspect they need bigger pots again.

I didnt notice the packet say greenhouse

Will i get away with planting them outside now? Or will they die off?

I'm down in herts, and they will be planted in a full sun spot....

Thanks!
dan

--

www.dankeeley.co.uk

Could be growing a bit soft - overwatering/overfeeding? Too hot? Not enough ventilation? Check those yellow growing tips
for aphids. I'd wait a couple of weeks before planting outside.

Rod

Old 08-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Anthony Anson

The message
from "Dan" contains these words:

Will i get away with planting them outside now? Or will they die off?

I'm down in herts, and they will be planted in a full sun spot....

They need mote heat than you'll get outside, though you could try big
polythene cloches.

--
Tony

Visit my turntable workshop http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 09-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Colin Malsingh

I'm having varying results with lots of veggies i've started growing inside
this year, and my first attempt with many including sweet peppers.

Will i get away with planting them outside now? Or will they die off?

I too plan to grow a few sweet pepers and Aubergines this year.

Some will go in the greenhouse, but the excess is going in the
Allotment, under Polythene tunnels.

Old 09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Victoria Clare

"Dan" wrote in
:

I'm having varying results with lots of veggies i've started growing
inside this year, and my first attempt with many including sweet
peppers. They've grown very well, and i've already repotted them
once, now they seem to be yellowing a bit and i suspect they need
bigger pots again.

I didnt notice the packet say greenhouse

If no greenhouse, you can get away with them in *big* pots inside, as long
as your windowsills are wide enough. Have not tried outside, but suspect
it will be a bit too chilly.

Victoria

Old 10-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Dan Keeley

If no greenhouse, you can get away with them in *big* pots inside, as long
as your windowsills are wide enough. Have not tried outside, but suspect
it will be a bit too chilly.

Victoria

Ok thanks for the replies everyone - I think i'll go down the route of
cloches and / or one of those small plastic greenhouses!! About my only
option i think!!

If anyone has any links / hints / tips on those then that would be much
appresiated too!!thanks again!